• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2016 CGC Green Eggs Grading Contest- Round 8 Results

42 posts in this topic

How in THE HELL was that Crow #1 an 8.5! :frustrated:

Yup. Quite a few colour-breaking creases there. Fugly for the grade.

I was staring at my CGC Graded 8.5 Doctor Strange 169 with 3 perfect corners and 2 minor spines ticks breaking color when I graded the Crow lower...much lower. Yeah, that 8.5 is a surprise. But hey, I'm not bitter. This contest is still a lot of fun and I am learning.

Round 8 COMMENTARY

For many, this round saw their chances at victory slip from their grasp...trickling away with each missed point. With only two rounds left... time and chances grow slim...

bronze_rules and FineCollector were the only two double bullseyes this round. They did not fall victim to the psychological torture test of deciding whether Hostmaster thirdgreenham would actually put up two comics with the SAME CGC GRADE. :sick:

HE WOULD AND HE DID. BE AFRAID... BE VERY AFRAID. :eek:

There are now two Marvels to grade. Is this your round to come back? Will bronze_rules falter and relinquish his iron grip? :frustrated::busy:

The Mathematically Eliminated Line is at 36 and rising inexorably! :sick::cry:

YOUR TIME IS NOW!!! RISE UP AND MAKE THAT FINAL PUSH FOR GLORY!!!

:applause:

Congrats to bronze_rules for flip flopping back into first place.

I thought you were done, man. :gossip:

There is a comparable Crow #1 on eBay right now that is in fact an 8.0. Depends what day of the week it is I guess.

Yes. My copy was graded on a Friday. Everyone knows books graded on Fridays get treated very, very well. :)

to be realistic, if your score is not in the 50s already, you are most likely not in the running to win this contest.

Let's imagine that the people with 50 points or more continue their impressive grading and get 4 points per round for the next two rounds. ie. 8 point more. That puts us here:

bronze_rules 68

TheGeneral 64

grebal 62

marmat 60

Pitboss 60

toro 60

Tsp99 60

canickus 58

comicsam 58

Now, the guys below 50 will need to nail double bullseyes for both remaining rounds. Here's what'll happen:

old_dano 68

wipple 68

427Impaler 66

Azkaban 66

better stop there because we know that iceman399 can't hit 4 bullseyes in a row. :baiting:

I’m very impressed with the boardies who can so consistently hit bullseyes, despite the unpredictability and gift grading of some of these slabs.

:applause::applause: Seriously.

to be realistic, if your score is not in the 50s already, you are most likely not in the running to win this contest.

Let's imagine that the people with 50 points or more continue their impressive grading and get 4 points per round for the next two rounds. ie. 8 point more. That puts us here:

bronze_rules 68

TheGeneral 64

grebal 62

marmat 60

Pitboss 60

toro 60

Tsp99 60

canickus 58

comicsam 58

Now, the guys below 50 will need to nail double bullseyes for both remaining rounds. Here's what'll happen:

old_dano 68

wipple 68

427Impaler 66

Azkaban 66

better stop there because we know that iceman399 can't hit 4 bullseyes in a row. :baiting:

Poor iceman lol

Maybe you should look at it this way.. HOW high do I need to be to have a realistic shot at getting the Prize I want? (It's like... how high do you need to be in the Holiday Raffle to get the Greggy Mystery Box?) hm