• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why Don't Lurkers Become Active Board Members?

153 posts in this topic

8.) You're too shy about your writing skills, and are afraid that someone like Norrin would catch you on your spelling mistakes.

sumo.gif

I have chastized anyone in months. Except maybe kiltman, but that was all in good fun.

Kiltman is Ok for an Irishman devil.gif

...........Heres a wee hint for you.

AUCH AYE THE NOO, HAW YOU BY THE WAY, IM PURE HEAVY DEAD MAD SCOTTISH

I didn't know you were Welsh, Kiltman.......... tongue.gif

Begone....Mongrel! poke2.gif

Shut yer piehole, Mongol!!!! cool.gif

*in heavy SCOTTISH accent* AYE Greggy! PURE go away with you little images etc makepoint.gifshy.gif

He's in dire need of a Glasgow Kiss........ blush.gif

8.) You're too shy about your writing skills, and are afraid that someone like Norrin would catch you on your spelling mistakes.

sumo.gif

I have chastized anyone in months. Except maybe kiltman, but that was all in good fun.

headbang.gifpoke2.gif

Calling kiltman Irish is like calling Newt a 'trekkie'. 893naughty-thumb.gif

I know hence the Smilling Devil Face..

Scots are kindred spirits to Greeks hence the Jest

Go buy a kilt!

sumo.gif

*in heavy SCOTTISH accent* AYE Greggy! PURE go away with you little images etc makepoint.gifshy.gif

He's in dire need of a Glasgow Kiss........ blush.gif

Will do with pleasure devil.gif

sumo.gif

No poke2.gif

See you in SD, mountebank!!! sumo.gif

Did me paying your highly inflated prices pay for your plane ticket? Damn you to hell. Later...jerk poke2.gif

I think that people would post more if they were not being accused of being shills right from the word go. Heck, right after my first few posts, I was called a shill, Danny, and even a shim confused-smiley-013.gif(by POV). I came here to gather knowledge and to see what's going on in the comic world. I didn't post my first few weeks but I read a lot of threads. After reading I responded by starting a thread telling everyone how much I enjoyed the boards. Then BANG......| / _ your a shill, your Danny 893blahblah.gif. It just wasn't worth it. So, I like to hang out...read through the threads...and only reply when I have something to say. I joined the fantasy baseball league and hopefully, that will help to break some of the ice.

Thanks for asking thumbsup2.gif

Happens to everybody. When I joined I was accused of being a guy, posing as a woman, and there was some speculation as to which guy I was. Eventually, if you join in and become a part of the community, the shill talk disappears.

As to why some people get accused of being shills more than others: there are red flags.

1. If someone or a shill gets banned and suddenly a new name starts posting, it's a little suspicious

2. If that new person posts only in threads about the banned person/shill, it's a little suspicious

3. If the new person never seems to discuss comic books, it's a little suspicious

4. If the new person knows way too much about everyone (this is where the "long time lurker" tag usually gets cited), including info from threads that have been pulled or way, way back in the archives, it's suspicious.

There are more, but who wants to give away all the shill-spotting secrets?

Anyway, the point is that most people have been called a shill at some time. And many people here have made shills, so it's not always that outrageous a claim. Banned members are notorious for making tons of shills -- Bug, Hammer, Mmmarvel have all come back time after time, and it gets old really fast. "Who me? A shill? Who is this Bug?" yadda yadda.

If you're legit, you don't really have to worry about the shill stuff. The guys will figure out that you're real soon enough. Just join in the discussions about comics, or start your own comic-related thread.

-- Joanna

sumo.gif

No poke2.gif

See you in SD, mountebank!!! sumo.gif

Did me paying your highly inflated prices pay for your plane ticket? Damn you to hell. Later...jerk poke2.gif

Adieu, Jerkette Canadien!! devil.gif

I actually think its a tie for #1 reason: Greggy or Deathlock take your pick juggle.gif

I vote Greggy. gossip.gif

Can I also vote for Goldust40? confused-smiley-013.gif

No but you can vote for BOC, or MK - but not both. wink.gif

I actually think its a tie for #1 reason: Greggy or Deathlock take your pick juggle.gif

Don't [#@$%!!!] drag me into all of this. sumo.gif

You and Greggy get yourself into it every time, although I can't tell if you two are in "drag."

Bah, has-beens. Haven't seen either in awhile. cloud9.gif

BOC just posted earlier this week, fool! sumo.gif

Its Foo' Unless you don't want to sound like Mr T. But who doesnt?

Its Foo' Unless you don't want to sound like Mr T. But who doesnt?

Stop all this jibba-jabba and get back to the point of this thread.... foo'!

Don't [#@$%!!!] drag me into all of this. sumo.gif

You and Greggy get yourself into it every time, although I can't tell if you two are in "drag."

We're just upping our post-count. What's your excuse, Repressed One?? tongue.gif