• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Undead Thread: Pre-Code Horror
21 21

Favorite Pre-Code Publisher  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite Pre-Code Publisher

10,235 posts in this topic

I'm new to this thread but I have been enjoying horror comics for a while, the Blogsite looks great to me, neat and professional, with some great artwork/scans. Hope it really takes off Keith. I visit "Horrors of it all" almost every day, now I have another stop when I make the rounds of comic sites. Good Luck --7678SCOTT

Thanks Scott & WELCOME TO THE BOARDS!!! :hi:

Feel free to share some scans & info here, horror-head! :popcorn:

I do notice I have no "followers" for the blog, though. :baiting: People can follow the blog by clicking a link at the bottom of the page. :baiting::baiting:

Greetings, I'm happy to find so many other folks here who appriciate the 50s horror comics. The illustration remains unique to the time period, and no better group of artists ever applied their talents to Comics. However I'm hoping someone here can help me identify a particular story that was probably originally published by Ajax. It's a horror story with Iger Studio artwork and involves this creepy character who does away with his wives one by one and then stashes them in a giant walk-in freezer. the imagery of the freezer scene really stands out in my memory, as the women are all seated in a row inside the freezer as if in hells waiting room. Really over the top horror. Well that's is about all I can remember about this story, and I actually saw it years ago reprinted in black & white in some Eerie publications title from the late 60s. Weird Horrors or some title along those lines. Well hope to hear from someone and goodbye for now

Not a great copy (and post-code :sorry:) but the price was right on this Everett cover -

Nice!

The staging and especially the dispersing crowd are very Kirbyesque. I suppose they were drawing from the same well.

Jack

Not a great copy (and post-code :sorry:) but the price was right on this Everett cover -

Terrific! :applause: You don't know how these books tempt me to start collecting them on a daily basis! :eek:

Welcome to the Boards!

Sorry can't help you with that particular story (sounds cool too!) but I see you've found the Eerie Pub. thread

over in the mag section, maybe someone over there will have an answer for you! :wishluck:

Ooh Ohh!! It's "Frigid Fear" from HAUNTED THRILLS 14!

frigidfear.jpg

:golfclap:

Well done. It took 10 hours to track it down, that is an eternity on this site. Usually that will mean no one knows the answer, much less be able to post a page to go with it.

Journey into Fear 17, Jan-54, Superior (Canada). BTH but very readable.

Violent pre-code horror! Make Mine Horror is an odd canine variant on Poe's Cask of Amontillado! Elsewhere axe murders, eyes torn out by crows, vampires, etc.

journeyintofear17.jpg

Jack

Journey into Fear 17, Jan-54, Superior (Canada). BTH but very readable.

I will buy it from you for cheap.... :baiting:

FOR CHEAP!?!!?

For shame, sir!

Do you think this is a HORROR thread? oh yeah, it is.

Jack