• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Undead Thread: Pre-Code Horror
21 21

Favorite Pre-Code Publisher  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite Pre-Code Publisher

10,235 posts in this topic

:pullhair: Just got outbid on Venus 18 on eBAY.....but for consolation I just got the Marvel Masterworks Atlas Sub-mariner volume....AWESOME....if you like Everett ...get it. That AIU 27 is cool....a WILLIAMSON story ? GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

:pullhair: Just got outbid on Venus 18 on eBAY.....but for consolation I just got the Marvel Masterworks Atlas Sub-mariner volume....AWESOME....if you like Everett ...get it. That AIU 27 is cool....a WILLIAMSON story ? GOD BLESS...

The first story is credited to Williamson and Krenkel, as is noted in Overstreet. However, the GCDB also gives a credit to Frazetta. It is thought by some that Al did the pencils, Frank, the inking, and Roy,the backgrounds. I have the same issue as Keith and think the GCDB might be right as the inking is definitely in a feathery Frazetta style. I like to credit the book as having a Williamson/Frazetta/Krenkel story. :cloud9:

:news: I just went back and checked this book on the GCBDB...they seem to have changed their stance on this book and are now crediting only Williamson and Krenkel...they make a note of a correction that took place last year. I still want Fritz to have some part of it though. :insane:

It is also my favorite cover of any ACG book. Here is my copy to complement Keith's

Sorry about the miss on the Venus 18 Jimbo......Everett was something special back then.

AdvUnknown27.jpg

Edited by Wrightson fan

:pullhair: Just got outbid on Venus 18 on eBAY.....but for consolation I just got the Marvel Masterworks Atlas Sub-mariner volume....AWESOME....if you like Everett ...get it.

My LCS had a 40% off sale on trades and hardbacks last week and I snagged the Atlas Subby book as well - Fantastic collection! A welcome reminder of how much I love Everett's 50s stuff. I've had a Venus #19 for years and am considering getting in the hunt for the rest of the Everett issues if Marvel doesn't come out with a Venus masterworks soon.

The first story is credited to Williamson and Krenkel, as is noted in Overstreet. However, the GCDB also gives a credit to Frazetta. It is thought by some that Al did the pencils, Frank, the inking, and Roy,the backgrounds. I have the same issue as Keith and think the GCDB might be right as the inking is definitely in a feathery Frazetta style. I like to credit the book as having a Williamson/Frazetta/Krenkel story. :cloud9:

:news: I just went back and checked this book on the GCBDB...they seem to have changed their stance on this book and are now crediting only Williamson and Krenkel...they make a note of a correction that took place last year. I still want Fritz to have some part of it though. :insane:

It is also my favorite cover of any ACG book. Here is my copy to complement Keith's

Sorry about the miss on the Venus 18 Jimbo......Everett was something special back then.

AdvUnknown27.jpg

The early issues of Adventures into the Unknown had some really nice Frankenstein stories.

I enjoyed those and some of the monster covers. It was a pretty good quality comic that lasted a long time.

bb

I was trying for juggling heads but it looks more like dribbling heads (soccer style).

2947552480_dda9bf8629_o.gif

The early issues of Adventures into the Unknown had some really nice Frankenstein stories.

I enjoyed those and some of the monster covers. It was a pretty good quality comic that lasted a long time.

The only issue I have has a meh cover but this splash almost makes up for it ;)

67105.jpg.17e783388767868a512a5bbd02a60ac7.jpg

67106.jpg.5fe08df46e931e65ce5393514b3c17d5.jpg

bb

I used to smirk at ACG, but I've been slowly trying to put together a complete (& affordable!) AIU pre-code run for over a year, and have since really grown a fondness for their distinct style. Certainly a LONG run! :popcorn: