• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Undead Thread: Pre-Code Horror
21 21

Favorite Pre-Code Publisher  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite Pre-Code Publisher

10,235 posts in this topic

One of my favorite Kinstler covers! :headbang:

Hello Undead Thread! :hi:

Witchcraft2CGC55.jpg

Not sure if this has been posted or not. I thought you undeadheads might find this swipe cool. The Bomber cover was done first, though I must admit, I like the Horrific version better myself.

Wow, that looks like it is more than a swipe. So much of it is line-for-line that it appears the artist took the original and modified parts of it instead of a typical swipe.

I think my favorite day to get a book in the mail is on Friday. It's a great way to kick off the weekend.

Today a PreCode grail of mine arrived. I haven't been in a rush to get this book because I wanted a copy that was perfect for me, with flaws in the right places. Thanks to fellow boardie Cris who helped make it happen!

I love Black Cat 50, Weird Mysteries 5, Venus 19, and all the other shock rags, but something about TOT 15 is just so friggin over the top. I think its because of the action taking place, and all the red in the logo...it looks animated. Well, whatever the reason, I put this one up there with the best of them.....

Beautiful copy Darth.

I love that book to.

Artboy99

Not sure if this has been posted or not. I thought you undeadheads might find this swipe cool. The Bomber cover was done first, though I must admit, I like the Horrific version better myself.

Wow, that looks like it is more than a swipe. So much of it is line-for-line that it appears the artist took the original and modified parts it instead of a typical swipe.

Good catch, I never looked that closely before. Even the skeleton puppet just had color added to it.

I think my favorite day to get a book in the mail is on Friday. It's a great way to kick off the weekend.

Today a PreCode grail of mine arrived. I haven't been in a rush to get this book because I wanted a copy that was perfect for me, with flaws in the right places. Thanks to fellow boardie Cris who helped make it happen!

I love Black Cat 50, Weird Mysteries 5, Venus 19, and all the other shock rags, but something about TOT 15 is just so friggin over the top. I think its because of the action taking place, and all the red in the logo...it looks animated. Well, whatever the reason, I put this one up there with the best of them.....

Wow - only 1 comment on this book. Congrats on a beauty! :headbang:

Wow - only 1 comment on this book. Congrats on a beauty! :headbang:

:whee:

104280.jpg.2d923d00c77632b7adec8ee3382ccf27.jpg

That is a great TFTC, Horror & Shock expressions on one cover! :headbang:

BTW: Didn't mean to neglect commenting on your TOT #15. One word: CLASSIC! (worship)

Always wondered if the bits of gears were added as an afterthought to somehow tone it down a bit.

Meaning it could possibly be a robot of some sorts and not a man being blown to bits! hm

BTW: Didn't mean to neglect commenting on your TOT #15. One word: CLASSIC! (worship)

Always wondered if the bits of gears were added as an afterthought to somehow tone it down a bit.

Meaning it could possibly be a robot of some sorts and not a man being blown to bits! hm

That cover could also be seen as a person being blown up by a clock that had a bomb in it. The gear, bolt and other speck could simply be shrapnel form the clock bomb.

See, I need to get out more. This is the kind of stuff I think about after spending all day in the house drawing. :insane:

That cover could also be seen as a person being blown up by a clock that had a bomb in it. The gear, bolt and other speck could simply be shrapnel form the clock bomb.

See, I need to get out more. This is the kind of stuff I think about after spending all day in the house drawing. :insane:

:roflmao: This made me laugh out loud. You don't need to get out more, that is brilliant! All these years & have never heard that take before.

:roflmao: This made me laugh out loud. You don't need to get out more, that is brilliant! All these years & have never heard that take before.

I never heard the clock bomb theory before either. I love it. Makes me appreciate the cover even more. (thumbs u

Crack it open and read the inside story. IT IS A ROBOT! The gore was added for the cover.