• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Undead Thread: Pre-Code Horror
21 21

Favorite Pre-Code Publisher  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite Pre-Code Publisher

10,235 posts in this topic

No one has posted in a while... What happened?

We gave up! You win!!!

Not so fast, my friend. This vaultkeeper fellow is bringin' some serious heat. :headbang: Very entertaining, to be sure. Lots of amazing pedigreed copies I've never seen before. (worship)(worship)

We gave up! You win!!!

Not so fast, my friend. This vaultkeeper fellow is bringin' some serious heat. :headbang: Very entertaining, to be sure. Lots of amazing pedigreed copies I've never seen before. (worship)(worship)

With apologies to anyone I may be forgetting, vaultkeeper, wrightson fan, sartre, mr illmannered, zzutak and adamstrange are now the unofficial axis of evil on the boards.

Most of the rest of us just don't have enough evil, although I think Twisty is evilling up very nicely.

However, as sartre recently pointed out, there are more big PCH collections out there, and another outstanding collector out of California has promised to post and if he does will soon be joining the axis.

Sorry to be so crypt-ic. I can say no more without tempting fate, risking eternal damnation in the uttermost - well, you get the idea.

We gave up! You win!!!

With apologies to anyone I may be forgetting, vaultkeeper, wrightson fan, sartre, mr illmannered, zzutak and adamstrange are now the unofficial axis of evil on the boards.

Most of the rest of us just don't have enough evil, although I think Twisty is evilling up very nicely.

However, as sartre recently pointed out, there are more big PCH collections out there, and another outstanding collector out of California has promised to post and if he does will soon be joining the axis.

Sorry to be so crypt-ic. I can say no more without tempting fate, risking eternal damnation in the uttermost - well, you get the idea.

Thanks Michael... I wish I could focus more on PCH, just so many cool covers spread throughout so many genres...

BTW, great books being posted. I love those Atlas covers.

We gave up! You win!!!

I think I know this CA collector of which you speak. If it is the same guy, which I think it is, we have conversed on the phone a few times over the years. Yes, his collection may very well blow us all out of the water.

Another collector of horror that should/must be mentioned is Jay (Jayman). The volume of his pre-code collection is very large....and is equally impressive. He has some awesome stuff.

We gave up! You win!!!!

:insane:

(thumbs u

:kidaround:

dewey-defeats-truman.jpg

It's kind of you to include me, Michael. :foryou: However, I'm definitely an also-ran. :cry:

th_Mystery01-60.jpg th_Mystery02-65-DA.jpg th_Mystery03-40.jpg th_Mystery04-70.jpg th_Mystery08-90-RC.jpg th_Mystery16-50R.jpg th_Mystery19-70Q.jpg

th_Mystery20-55.jpg th_Mystery23-50.jpg th_Mystery24-80.jpg th_Mystery24-65-Pet.jpg th_Mystery25-92-RC.jpg th_Mystery25-75-Pet.jpg th_Mystery26-80-Pet.jpg

th_Mystery27-80-Pet.jpg th_Mystery28-50R.jpg th_Mystery29-75-Pet.jpg th_Mystery30-85-Pet.jpg th_Mystery31-65.jpg th_Mystery32-75-Pet.jpg th_Mystery33-60-Pet.jpg

th_Mystery34-90-NF.jpg th_Mystery37-85-RC.jpg th_Mystery38-80-WM.jpg th_Mystery39-90-RC.jpg th_Mystery40-45.jpg th_Mystery41-85-WM.jpg th_Mystery42-85-Beth.jpg

th_Mystery45-85-RC.jpg th_Mystery46-85-C8.jpg th_Mystery47-80-C8.jpg th_Mystery48-60-C8.jpg th_Mystery49-80-C8.jpg th_Mystery50-75.jpg th_Mystery51-90-C8.jpg

th_Mystery52-85-C8.jpg th_Mystery53-85-C8.jpg

:shy:

If you're an also ran I'm a never got out of the blocks

More gorgeous pre-code and post-code comics than you can shake a stick at! :cloud9:

Such a cool set of Atlas horror books! :headbang:

MarvelTales125.jpg

MysticalTales4.jpg

HEY!! That's not pre-code.

It's Everett. You are forgiven. :foryou:

Beautiful Run!!! [headbang]

(worship)(worship)(worship)

More gorgeous pre-code and post-code comics than you can shake a stick at! :cloud9:

Thanks, guys. :foryou: If golddust Andy and I combined our holdings, we might actually have a complete run. lol Even though only two of the books are post-1998 acquisitions, I've enjoyed the hunt. My favorites include the #2 (Díck Ayers' personal file copy), #8 (a killer Everett metamorphosis cover), #20 (from the awesome three-issue Harry Anderson sequence), and #48 (an outstanding Everett "vanishing man" cover).

Mystery02-65-DA.jpg

Mystery08-90-RC.jpg

Mystery20-55.jpg

Mystery48-60-C8.jpg

:acclaim:

I posted this before in highest graded, but I guess I can post it here, too. It's my first slabbed pre-code horror comic. I was giddy as a school girl when I bought it in the C-Link auction!

Great choice for a first pre-code. It's too bad Ekgren only did a few covers. [applause]