• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MR. ROBOT

27 posts in this topic

2a0nczm.jpg

If you have yet to discover this series on USA Network or on Amazon Prime I highly recommend it! Awax introduced me to the series and proposed I watch it without looking into what the series was about and I've been obsessed with the show ever since. If you have yet to begin the series I would also suggest watching it without looking into what the show may be about. The cast was brilliantly put together and is as exceptional as the writing is for the show. #fsociety

http://www.usanetwork.com/mrrobot

I don't know if I'm the only one, but season 2 just is not doing it for me. I was all in season 1, even going to the nycc panel and marking out.

I'm only through 2.5 episodes so far, but I couldn't wait for the next episode last year. Now it's falling behind a lot of other entertainment.

I don't know if I'm the only one, but season 2 just is not doing it for me. I was all in season 1, even going to the nycc panel and marking out.

I'm only through 2.5 episodes so far, but I couldn't wait for the next episode last year. Now it's falling behind a lot of other entertainment.

The Elliot arc isn't particularly entertaining but everything outside of his scenes is great.

I started to feel that way as well early on in season two but was just happy to be watching new episodes again, but it most certainly picks up from where you are in the season. I felt like the first couple episodes they had to start from scratch so to speak after everything that occured last season and also introduce and do a bit of character building on a few new cast members.

One of the episodes this season is just outstanding, possibly one of my top two so far. Being 2.5 episodes in what you are saying is very understandable, but I think you'll be very pleased with what's to come.

Okay, this is driving me CRAZY...The actor Rami Malek has a voice that sounds exactly like someone else that I can't place. Someone from TV/movies. Who is it?

John Cryer?

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001083/?ref_=tt_cl_t3

I attended the Mr. Robot panel at SDCC and was pretty surprised that he sounded very differently than he does on the show. Rami was way more animated and lively in his voice, more so than he ever is on the show.

I'm almost done with season 1 but this show depresses me so I need to be in a great upbeat mood or I can't handle it. Great acting all the way around.

It's happening, friend.

A Mr. Robot tie-in book written by show creator Sam Esmail and show writer Courtney Looney.

502kjm.jpg

Based on the journal that Elliot keeps before and during season_2.0, Red Wheelbarrow will be available on November 1, but the buzz has already started, following the most recent episode of Mr. Robot.

We asked Esmail why we wanted to put out a Mr. Robot book, and what it will add to Elliot's journey.

"I am a huge fan of real interactive engagement with a show," Esmail told USA Network. "I think there’s this sort of new trend, especially with all these different forms of media and formats, where it’s not that you just want to know what happens next, but you want to know what happens before, you want to know what happens on that storyline, and around you… That’s more of a 360 view of the story, as opposed to this one, linear, 47-minute chunk that you watch every week."

Many Mr. Robot fans are already aware of how the world of the show is expanded online, especially with the proliferation of Easter egg sites throughout the season. But a book will bring a new medium into the fold -- one that Esmail thinks is the perfect vehicle to tell part of Elliot's story we don't see on TV.

"The book just made complete sense," Esmail said. "I didn’t write this into the -script beforehand, but what happened was Elliot kept a journal, and that organically came out of the Writers’ Room while we were breaking the season two storyline. When we were talking about other avenues to explore outside of the show, I immediately went to the journal. I said, 'Well, wait a minute … There’s this thing that he has been writing for 30 days off camera, in between the two seasons, as well as a little bit of the beginning of the second season, that'd be great to actually create and release to the public. It’s not meant to be this promotional thing, but an actual authentic representation of what Elliot was going through in all that missing time -- which is not included in the show. That’s how it came about."

Esmail remained cryptic about how the book will fill in some of the gaps, except to say, "There is a person in the book who actually reveals something about what was going on -- with Mr. Robot specifically -- that, again, was not included in the show because the show is very much told from Elliot’s point of view."

The hardcover notebook also holds seven removable artifacts -- a ripped-out page, a newspaper clipping, a mysterious envelope, and more -- along with sketches throughout.

One of my best friends James is one of the technical consultants for the show! Sam decided to create a little homage to James and name a character after him in the show.

slight first season spoiler inside

Proving Sam's dark sense of humor, James gets to be remembered as the Evil Corp Exec who kills himself on live tv ,complete with full name splash (that my friends full name too).

big_1442592254_image.jpg

One of my best friends James is one of the technical consultants for the show! Sam decided to create a little homage to James and name a character after him in the show.

slight first season spoiler inside

Proving Sam's dark sense of humor, James gets to be remembered as the Evil Corp Exec who kills himself on live tv ,complete with full name splash (that my friends full name too).

big_1442592254_image.jpg

That is so awesome! Although if I was your friend I may be be a bit frightened lol. Yet to be part of that show in any way would be incredible. Your friend must be extremely talented to make such an impression on Sam for him to want to incorporate him in the show in some way.

Thank you for sharing that, and congrats to your friend on being part of such an amazing show!