• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Member, Old Collector.

51 posts in this topic

October:

lol. I wish. One day. And the First Print TMNT #1. Those are my big two indie big money books yet to buy.

Me too. Albedo 2 is on my top 10 list of big ticket books to get sometime in the future.

Bullseye: Thanks!

For those interested, I am over on CBR, and in the Classic Comics Forum, I have a game called "Stupid Ebay Comic Book Auction Game". It's really easy to play. When you find an ebay auction in which the seller is a fraud, an insufficiently_thoughtful_person or the book is wrong, misgraded, overpriced, you get the picture, simply post it, we discuss it and I give out points for each entry. The points aren't the point; making fun of bad ebay sellers is.

Everyone here is welcome, and if you tell me over there that you came from over here, I'll even give you bonus points the first time you post!!

If anyone wants to start the game here, just throw a dog a bone, and mention you got the idea from me. But I think there's something similar over here already.

Thanks yet again to everyone for the welcome.

Quick responses to some:

Chrisco37: Best. Avatar. Ever.

Sal: So everyone here is kind of all over the page, which is nice. I do see a lot of big dogs here, but that just gives me a goal to shoot for!

ArAich: lol. My D.C. usually comes in the form of trades and Limited Series, although I am planning on finishing my Geffen/DeMatteis JLA and working on the next volume. Sorry, but pretty much a Marvel Zombie.

Warlord: If I sold it all tommorrow, I would still keep my Turtles, Nexus, Groo and Usagi. No question.

You collect Usagi? Awesome! I do to! ^-^ I only have 4 of the books so far but i love reading em.

Quick responses to some:

Sal: So everyone here is kind of all over the page, which is nice. I do see a lot of big dogs here, but that just gives me a goal to shoot for!

ArAich: lol. My D.C. usually comes in the form of trades and Limited Series, although I am planning on finishing my Geffen/DeMatteis JLA and working on the next volume. Sorry, but pretty much a Marvel Zombie.

Warlord: If I sold it all tommorrow, I would still keep my Turtles, Nexus, Groo and Usagi. No question.

You collect Usagi? Awesome! I do to! ^-^ I only have 4 of the books so far but i love reading em.

Do you have the trades yet? They are all amazing. I love how Sakai intersperses Japanese history and language lessons in with his stories. Usagi is one of the few comics I pimp shamelessly. grin.gif

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0930193350/104-9536434-1297533?v=glance

I actually wrote the first customer review. grin.gif

Quick responses to some:

Do you have the trades yet? They are all amazing. I love how Sakai intersperses Japanese history and language lessons in with his stories. Usagi is one of the few comics I pimp shamelessly. grin.gif

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0930193350/104-9536434-1297533?v=glance

I actually wrote the first customer review. grin.gif

yeah the 4 books i have are graphic novels. One of my mates moved to Hong Kong permanently so he gave me half his stuff. In there was four Usagi graphic novels. I'd never heard of him so i had a read and absolutely loved them. I'd forgotten about them till now! Im currently surfing through ebay and amazon to see what deals i can snap up. ^-^

Cheers for the link smile.gif

Welcome to the boards!

I guess right now my collecting focus is on Spider-man. Currently have complete runs of:

Web of Spm

Spider-man

Spec Spm

Punisher (all 1 million volumes that have come out since the first mini series)

Punisher War Zone

Punisher War Journel

Currently working on Amz Spm, this may take awhile, so I may also try and fill in the holes of my Uncanny X-men.

Kiltman and October:

I lack about ten Usagi Issues, (including Albedo and Critters) so there's really no reason for me to get the trades.

Love me some Japanese lore. Also a huge fan of Kozuio and Koike's, Lone Wolf and Cub and Samuria Executioner, and have all the original First comics also.

What new books do you read, Nate?

(I wasn't kidding about the Avatar by the way. V for Vendetta is my favorite work by Moore)

Amazing Spider-Man

Daredevil

Fantastic Four

New Avengers

Ultimate Spider-Man

Spectacular Spider-Man

Spider-Man (MK)

Usagi Yojimbo

TMNT (Mirage, B&W)

Samurai Executioner (Kazuo and Koike, Dark Horse)

The Spirit Archives (although I am about five behind)

Runaways

And I pick up trades, limited series and anything else that strikes my fancy. As far as back issue hunting goes, I'm taking a break from the amount of money I spend for about two years. My 05-06 goal is to complete Amazing, picking up the last thirteen books I need.

How about you?