• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Best Action Comics 1 reprint to own?

17 posts in this topic

I like the Famous First Edition reprint, since it reprints the entire book, ads and all the stories, not just the Superman story, also, I think the Millennium editions may print every story as well, but I'm not positive on that.

I like the Famous First Edition reprint, since it reprints the entire book, ads and all the stories, not just the Superman story, also, I think the Millennium editions may print every story as well, but I'm not positive on that.

Hmm I was looking at the safeguard reprint. But not sure...

Hmm I was looking at the safeguard reprint. But not sure...

if your talking value, then I think that might be the most valuable reprint, but it only reprints the Superman story, so I guess it depends on what your after.

if your talking value, then I think that might be the most valuable reprint, but it only reprints the Superman story, so I guess it depends on what your after.

Yeah mainly want a CGC copy of one. So the safeguard is the way to go then?

I like the famous first edition as well, but it is too large for CGC to encapsulate.

I like the famous first edition as well, but it is too large for CGC to encapsulate.

But for a CGC copy. Which copy would be best?

Get the book "A Smithsonian Book of Comic Book Comics", it reprints action 1 and detective 27 plus lots of other great stuff that's never been reprinted. Plus its not the redrawn horribly reprinted stuff that dc always has put out, it actually a photo of the actually pages of the comics. That book blew my mind when I got it when I was like 12 and started me on a search for old comics.

But for a CGC copy. Which copy would be best?

(shrug) I only have the one I mentioned

Since I'll never get the real one...which reprint should I try to obtain?
I'll toss this out there because it's such an awesome (& forgotten) resource:

https://www.cgccomics.com/1134755001/#features/

The "Look Inside" is still active and you can view (and/or download) high-quality scans of every page. So yeah, if anyone remembers how expensive and HORRIBLE those old Microfiche offerings were decades back, then a resource like this is pure freebie-gold.

ActionOne_210x330.png

Example: Inside Front Cover...

01_Action1_Left_p1.png

The "Look Inside" is still active and you can view (and/or download) high-quality scans of every page. So yeah, if anyone remembers how expensive and HORRIBLE those old Microfiche offerings were decades back, then a resource like this is pure freebie-gold.

ActionOne_210x330.png

01_Action1_Left_p1.png

Appreciate it. I'm just trying to get an idea of which reprint I should get that is graded.

ActionOne_210x330.png

01_Action1_Left_p1.png

Appreciate it. I'm just trying to get an idea of which reprint I should get that is graded.

I'm assuming if you're getting a graded copy, it's not for reading, so it really doesn't matter. They all reprint the same cover with only slight differences, so get whatever one floats your boat.

ActionOne_210x330.png

01_Action1_Left_p1.png

I'm assuming if you're getting a graded copy, it's not for reading, so it really doesn't matter. They all reprint the same cover with only slight differences, so get whatever one floats your boat.

That's the thing! I can't decide lol. Trying to see which reprint they like best that is CGC'd.

ActionOne_210x330.png

01_Action1_Left_p1.png

Thanks for sharing -- That's pretty cool and something I didn't know existed. (thumbs u

Famous First edition rules! :headbang: