• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Trot Out Your Coverless!!

13 posts in this topic

I was thinking of doing that! 27_laughing.gif

My only ever coverless comic bought on purpose, but it's not mine anymore.

It ended up being part of Filter's mega comic auction which is scammed all the time now on eBay.

893censored-thumb.gif

784010-FF1coverless.jpg

cloud9.gif

784010-FF1coverless.jpg.e29d3c4041beb936898a09263733cb16.jpg

cloud9.gif

Don't have it scanned in yet, I'll have to dig it out. But I've got a coverless Superman #208 I believe. It's one of the 80-pg giants.

207! 30th anniversary, #G-48. That's the coverless issue I have.

I've had this for 30+ years - World's Finest 170, an 80 pg. giant. It used to have a cover, but I've kept it around because the stories are so emblamatic of the goofy SA WF era where Batman was basically pretty useless, following Superman around as he repaired dams and whatnot. This issue includes a classic where Supes picks up an alien pet that he leaves with Batman and Robin to babysit while he goes and saves the world - but it turns out that "Gleep" turns into a giant monster when abondoned by Superman. He eventually leaves Superman literally sobbing when he sacrifices himself to save Superman by absorbing the harmful green kryptonite rays fom a fallen meteor. Another memorable story is one where Superman gets a little "friend" just like Batman has with Robin. Yhe same story features a bank vault ripped open to reveal stacks of coins 30 feet high -( yeah, that's the way they're kept).

784568-wf170.jpg

784568-wf170.jpg.a5393fb00a2baa21e10a79ddb9427e56.jpg