• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GSXM 1, FF 6, (NEW price cuts), plus other keys

33 posts in this topic

Hi all, I have a little time to manage a sale thread so I am listing the Hulk 181 again and may follow with a few keys a little at a time, thanks for looking.

Hulk 181 cgc 7.5

Is there any stopping the Hulk 181's ? pressed by Joe

$SOLD

No bad list folks, :takeit: unconditional in thread trumps all, US shipping and paypal only this time, double boxed for $17 (raw books $7), no returns on slabbed books (please ask questions first), kudos in bottom link. If anyone wants pictures emailed directly just pm and I'll try to get them out in a timely manner, thanks for looking. Offers are fine via pm please

ih181%207.5%20001_zpsn0q4j7tw.jpg

hulk181%207.5bc%20001_zpsl9onjz8s.jpg

FF 6, I bought this off the boards as a vg+ and will leave it there, well loved, some chipping, creasing, spine wear fc, also stain below "an" in Fantastic. Edge tears, chipping bc. Complete, colorful, and I think an overlooked book for the 2nd Doom. Feel free to ask questions. $399 - now $325

ff6%20001_zpsgyu77wh1.jpg

ff6bc%20001_zps2tft5hie.jpg

JIM 103, bought off the boards as a f/vf but it may lean toward vf. Great color, gloss, some tanning inside spine, 1st Enchantress (with special topless insert, just kidding) nice solid book! $SOLD

jim103%20001_zpsldoqq5k1.jpg

jim103bc%20001_zps9kyeyxzb.jpg

OK, I am always nervous with books in killer shape, this book is one of those. Complete, bright, colorful, flat, tight, pretty sharp, great book!! A couple of spine creases at bottom staple, and a couple in between top and bottom staples, and a couple misc creases to fc. A tiny bit of a dent and fuzzy at spine corners that takes me 10x to see, a light corner crease bc. You know when you can almost read the printing on inside front cover from the reflection, yep. A press could really take this book into another category. I would call the inside a conservative ow to w and very nice. I am going to call this book an 8.5 to 9.0. Please ask questions about scans in case I missed something, if I didn't upgrade to a slabbed 9.0 I would keep it. This book is on the move in my opinion. $SOLD

asm129%20001_zps3gfqj7yb.jpg

asm129bc%20001_zps6ujl0vkm.jpg

Here is another that fits in the same category, beautiful book, its down falls are a small 1/8" tear right side fc a little above half way and the foxing to front cover. Otherwise this book is killer! Foxing is only a spot or two on the inside cover, staple detents are really minimal. Spine is nice and tight so is book, I would call the inside w to ow and very nice. Bc corner crease. A press wont help the front cover at all, maybe the back cover a little, but overall the book is very flat. I don't know what the highest a book can be graded with foxing but I am going to call this one an 8.0 to an 8.5 pretty easy maybe a bit higher depending on who you ask. GSXM1 is a no brainer, $895 - now $799

gsxm1%20001_zpsxey5ehsv.jpg

gsxm1bc%20001_zpsk3nzy2zm.jpg

Silver Surfer 4, this book in my opinion is among the best covers out there. The spine and the front cover is what keeps this book down, the back cover is pretty darn good and the inside is great. Front cover has a little spine splitting and creasing, one spine tear at Thor's cape area, some color breaking creases bottom and edges. I still like this book at a vg/f , plus or minus depending on who you ask, great color and looks great in mylar. $Sold

ss4%20001_zpso4ee5vgu.jpg

ss4bc%20001_zpstjmefmfx.jpg

Avengers 57, this book has some unique damage, it looks to me that it was near the top of a bundle of books that was tied with string on four sides, like news papers used to be delivered to the stands. Note the tear to right edge, about 3/8", that goes through entire book and progressively diminishes to 1/8" on back cover, the heavy bundle dents bottom and top, and the spine seems barely effected. A little other over all wear, but great color and gloss, and nice, tight, and flat. So, I am unsure what the highest grade could be with said damage, obviously it would be a killer book without it. Is this considered "bindery/printing defects" ? I have seen books maybe clear up to 5.5 or 6.0 with defects as detracting, lets calls this a vg/f for now, please look at scans and ask questions, thanks $Sold

av57%20001_zps573p584k.jpg

av57bc%20001_zpsy67wb77n.jpg

Avengers 57, this book has some unique damage, it looks to me that it was near the top of a bundle of books that was tied with string on four sides, like news papers used to be delivered to the stands. Note the tear to right edge, about 3/8", that goes through entire book and progressively diminishes to 1/8" on back cover, the heavy bundle dents bottom and top, and the spine seems barely effected. A little other over all wear, but great color and gloss, and nice, tight, and flat. So, I am unsure what the highest grade could be with said damage, obviously it would be a killer book without it. Is this considered "bindery/printing defects" ? I have seen books maybe clear up to 5.5 or 6.0 with defects as detracting, lets calls this a vg/f for now, please look at scans and ask questions, thanks $109

av57%20001_zps573p584k.jpg

av57bc%20001_zpsy67wb77n.jpg

:takeit:

Cap 100, this book is missing the last ad page, it doesn't effect the story at all but I'm sure it does the grade. Book looks like a f+ otherwise. I don't know how to price this so I'm going to start at $Sold, it has some value to me to maybe just do something fun with it, frame in a display with some other cap piece, get signed, whatever. :grin:

cap100%20001_zpsl0cjsnqc.jpg

cap100bc%20001_zpsq3rznnbo.jpg

Avengers 57, this book has some unique damage, it looks to me that it was near the top of a bundle of books that was tied with string on four sides, like news papers used to be delivered to the stands. Note the tear to right edge, about 3/8", that goes through entire book and progressively diminishes to 1/8" on back cover, the heavy bundle dents bottom and top, and the spine seems barely effected. A little other over all wear, but great color and gloss, and nice, tight, and flat. So, I am unsure what the highest grade could be with said damage, obviously it would be a killer book without it. Is this considered "bindery/printing defects" ? I have seen books maybe clear up to 5.5 or 6.0 with defects as detracting, lets calls this a vg/f for now, please look at scans and ask questions, thanks $109

^^

Cap 100, this book is missing the last ad page, it doesn't effect the story at all but I'm sure it does the grade. Book looks like a f+ otherwise. I don't know how to price this so I'm going to start at $75, it has some value to me to maybe just do something fun with it, frame in a display with some other cap piece, get signed, whatever. :grin:

cap100%20001_zpsl0cjsnqc.jpg

cap100bc%20001_zpsq3rznnbo.jpg

Of course, if you decide to keep it for sentimental value, I respect that!

Cap 100, this book is missing the last ad page, it doesn't effect the story at all but I'm sure it does the grade. Book looks like a f+ otherwise. I don't know how to price this so I'm going to start at $75, it has some value to me to maybe just do something fun with it, frame in a display with some other cap piece, get signed, whatever. :grin:

Of course, if you decide to keep it for sentimental value, I respect that!

^^