• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Closed

11 posts in this topic

Just got a group of books back in the mail.

All books have been to Joey. I had generally intended these to go to CGC, but during their pressure-slab troubles, I had them re-directed across the street. Then across the street introduced a hideous label, so I had the all come back to me raw.

All prices include shipping anywhere.

Life is too short to deal with Hall of Shamers or Probies.

Batman Adventures 12 NM-ish - $525 to eBay

Conan 24 NM-ish - $130 in the vault

Crime Suspenstories FN/VF-ish - $185 SOLD

Detective Comics 359 FN-ish - to CGC

Green Lantern 1 FN- or so - $1,220 to CGC

Please pardon the photography - I could not find my tripod so the books look a bit distorted and maybe a bit blurry in spots.

Batman Adventures 12

An eBay find from the spring. Board opinion was about 9.2 and with the press I think it would come back a 9.4 from CGC. I know this belongs in the other thread, but I did not want to make a second thread for only one book.

DSC_0532_zpsu6hsvkwh.jpg

DSC_0533_zps4u1zltfx.jpg

DSC_0534_zpsp0mbkxip.jpg

Crime Suspenstories 8

It had an ugly ding at the top centre that has mostly pressed out. Looks too nice to be a Fine, and not nice enough to be a VF. In the middle it be.

DSC_0524_zpsxbr3vvdd.jpg

DSC_0525_zpsdgbpos6o.jpg

DSC_0526_zpsuntqyqg8.jpg

DSC_0527_zpsissgnfyr.jpg

Detective Comics 359

I somehow ended up with three of these - keeping the best and the worst. Based on much worse and inaccurate pre-pressing photos, Boardies said 5.5-ish. I thought FN in hand and compared to the copies of this book I see in CGC 6.0 and 6.5 holders, I think this is on par.

DSC_0559_zpsej826sxd.jpg

DSC_0560_zpsh5peklgs.jpg

DSC_0561_zps22kbvi05.jpg

DSC_0562_zpscjvlxii7.jpg