• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Deadpool #34 3D Variant

4 posts in this topic

I attached a scan of the whole comic just for reference, but I really just have a question regarding the lower left corner of the cover (see second pic). Assuming the rest of the comic is perfect, I've seen CGC copies that have a similar corner and grade between 9.2-9.6 depending on severity, and I'm wondering if CGC is just taking into consideration a problem with a bindery defect?

I have quite a few copies that I will be selling raw that have this type of corner. I would really appreciate any thoughts. Thank you in advance!

photo dead34_zpsif8sfxch.jpg

photo deadcorner_zpsnmm5tzav.jpg

If it's a production defect and if it's common to the book I figure it shouldn't affect the grade much at all if anything.

Assuming your only issue, 9.4-9.6. No reason it shouldn't be 9.8 since 9.8 doesn't imply a perfect copy. However, I think CGC is extraordinarily strict so I wouldn't expect it. I have to say the rival grading company is a bit more fair in this regard.