• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Calgary Expo Holiday Market - November 19 & 20, 2016

15 posts in this topic

I'm wondering how a multi-day show without pro guests will do?

Not sure if you want to gamble with a 2 day comic focussed show without pro guests else why would the fans/collectors attend the 2nd day of the con? The Vancouver Comic Show has built up their comic and toy focussed con to a huge 140 table show for February, 2017. They plan to have at least 1 vendor from Alberta show up who sells autographed and/or hi-quality unsigned pop culture photos (e.g. 1966 Batman, Bruce Lee/Kato Green Hornet tv, Star Wars, 1930s horror, etc.)

I like the Big 4 Building. $325 for a corner booth 10' x 10' seems reasonable; just hope it does not snow that weekend :wishluck: . For comparison, Fan Expo booths are 8' x 8' across Canada.

Price seems high to me, is 162.50 a table per day and is unsupported by the addition of guest artists/celebrities. Consider a single table for the Calgary Expo in 2017 is $795, which is 198.00 per day and that show draws a ton of attendance ( 117000 last year )

I like the Big 4 Building. $325 for a corner booth 10' x 10' seems reasonable; just hope it does not snow that weekend :wishluck: . For comparison, Fan Expo booths are 8' x 8' across Canada.

Price seems high to me, is 162.50 a table per day and is unsupported by the addition of guest artists/celebrities. Consider a single table for the Calgary Expo in 2017 is $795, which is 198.00 per day and that show draws a ton of attendance ( 117000 last year )

Um, where did you get the number on attendance? It was said last year (2015) was hovering at 103000. This year 2016, was at 103500 ... about 500 more as said in Calgary Sun newspaper.

Fire department officials in Calgary had to cap a certain max number in there for fire safety with public (within buildings). However, you are right with the cost of tables per day vs. number of attendance. Calgary Expo would be a better income, but with this new show would be interesting to see how it do without media guests.

A Holiday Market regular non-corner booth is about $270 ($250 + tax + cr card fee). Can't recall how much the premium is on a Corner booth for 4 day Calgary expo: about $1,000 for a full size 10' x 10' corner once you add the tax?

I was just getting grumpy that a vendor would pay full price for 8' x 8' booth (36% reduction in booth space) at Vancouver Fan Expo with much smaller attendance compared to EDM or Calgary Expo. :kidaround:

I have an endcap booked. Might as well give it a try to see how things go for at least the first one. My guess is that attendance will be in the 5,000 range over the two days - basically double the Red & White show.