• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Going abroad next year!

40 posts in this topic

I'm sticking by my initial statement. Universal Studios SUCKS!!!!!

Back to the Future is the only thing even close to a thrill ride, but it's just a fancified IMAX.

If you didn't get the shivers when you heard Doc Brown shout "1.21 gigawatts? Great Scott " while you were sitting in the flying Delorean you have no soul !!!

Youhavenosoulchrisco sign-rantpost.gif

The following is a breakdown of the attractions at Universal Studios:

pseudo-cool/seen-it-all-done-it-all blablabla SNIPPED

You forget to mention the cool Blues Brothers live show hail.gif

To get the full feel of Disney, you need to spend an entire day in every single park. And that can be time consuming and cost a lot of money.

I loved Universal. And they even have a comic shop in the park!!

If your going to book a rental car do so well in advance. I didn't think it was possible but friends of mine couldn't find one that was available once, they had to rent a cube van.

Luckily when I went, the group I went with had friends who worked at Disney and another who owned one of the car rental co.'s at the airport. Got into the parks for free and got a good deal on the car. smile.gif

Kiltman,

I find it really odd and funny that you're excited about "going abroad" to Florida. Meanwhile, I've been there and would much rather gone to Europe. grin.gif

Yeah ive already been to disneyland paris when i was a child. I dont really enjoy it all that much. Disneyland was awesome but the rest of france was a bti of a let down. Ive been to the states once before and visted San Fransisco, Las Vegas and Seattle and loved every minute of it! As soon as it was tiem to go home i was already deciding i wanted to go to somewhere like Florida in a few years time and it has now been 3 years so figured it was time to!

Yeah ive already been to disneyland paris when i was a child. I dont really enjoy it all that much. Disneyland was awesome but the rest of france was a bti of a let down.

Yeah, France is such a cultural wasteland.......... yeahok.gif

Yeah ive already been to disneyland paris when i was a child. I dont really enjoy it all that much. Disneyland was awesome but the rest of france was a bti of a let down.

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif cut me some slack i was ten years old! I couldnt even spell culture at the time. Maybe now i would appreciate it more but for now im all for Florida

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif cut me some slack i was ten years old! I couldnt even spell culture at the time. Maybe now i would appreciate it more but for now im all for Florida

Oops - I got confused by the wrong tense - you meant to say I didn't really enjoy it all that much. Shouldn't've raked you over the coals for that one....... flowerred.gif

Oops - I got confused by the wrong tense - you meant to say I didn't really enjoy it all that much. Shouldn't've raked you over the coals for that one....... flowerred.gif

flowerred.gif Blame my [#@$%!!!] keyboard. I blame it being thrown out my window several times 27_laughing.gif

UNIVERSAL, much better then DISNEY. Unless ya have little kids. Then MAGIC KINGDOM would be for them. If its just you and some other adults then go for UNIVERSAL STUDIOS, MGM STUDIOS, Seaworld, Cape, and any of the beaches along the Atlantic. GULF side is nice, but its mostly for the retired. If ya don't have a lot of time I'd skip anything from MIAMI to the KEYS.

As far as train service from ORLANDO to SARATOGA, I'm not sure if there is. You might want to check on AMTRAK's web site for service in that area. You would be better of reserving a rental car. Reserve it far in advance though.

Myself, I'd go visit CHICAGO instead.

UNIVERSAL, much better then DISNEY. Unless ya have little kids. Then MAGIC KINGDOM would be for them. If its just you and some other adults then go for UNIVERSAL STUDIOS, MGM STUDIOS, Seaworld, Cape, and any of the beaches along the Atlantic. GULF side is nice, but its mostly for the retired. If ya don't have a lot of time I'd skip anything from MIAMI to the KEYS.

As far as train service from ORLANDO to SARATOGA, I'm not sure if there is. You might want to check on AMTRAK's web site for service in that area. You would be better of reserving a rental car. Reserve it far in advance though.

Im too young to drive in the states i think. Whats the age limit for someone from abroad to be able to drive in the states? 25? I'll be 21 when there (19 just now) so below the limit there. i do have a license though.

Im too young to drive in the states i think. Whats the age limit for someone from abroad to be able to drive in the states? 25? I'll be 21 when there (19 just now) so below the limit there. i do have a license though.

WTF, you're talking about a vacation 2 years from now? makepoint.gif I thought you were talking about this coming October! foreheadslap.gif Next time try to limit the discussion to something that's going to happen within the immediate calendar year, okay?

And yes, you have to be 21 to rent a car (and you need a credit card).

WTF, you're talking about a vacation 2 years from now? makepoint.gif I thought you were talking about this coming October! foreheadslap.gif Next time try to limit the discussion to something that's going to happen within the immediate calendar year, okay?

That certainly is planning in advance, Kilty. insane.gif

And heed everyone's advice - you need a car and a fair amount of wedge for Fla.

Wrong, 25 to rent a car. 16 to drive, in most states.

Wrong, 25 to rent a car. 16 to drive, in most states.

No you're wrong....you can rent a car when you're 21 in Florida. Some of the bigger rental agencies have upped that age limit but the majority of rental places (at least in the Miami area) go with 21...

Jim

Im 20 in June so technically my holiday (which will be next august or so) Is just over a year and four months away. Not quite 2 years :P

Im 20 in June so technically my holiday (which will be next august or so) Is just over a year and four months away. Not quite 2 years :P

foreheadslap.gifChristo_pull_hair.gif Okay, but seriously, try to keep the discussion to something that`s going to happen within the next 12 months or so, okay? I mean, what`s the point? All the advice we give you now could become moot in 16 months or however long it is before you`ll go to Florida.