• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Fantastic Four #45 - Transparent Tape on Cover

5 posts in this topic

Hi guys, I'd really appreciate your opinions on this one. As you can see there is some transparent tape stuck to the cover on the 'F' of the Four going up to the 'nt' of Fantastic.

It is obviously the tape that was sealing the bag the comic was in which has somehow ended up on the cover. Unfortuantely, whoever did it didn't remove it immediately, as it would probably have come off easily.

Of course, like a scab on the knee, I couldn't help but pick at it, and although I've removed about half of it without leaving a residue, I've also removed a couple of tiny color flecks - so I will leave well alone now!

Any thoughts on how badly this affects the grade, or an estimate at the overall grade, please?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I've successfully used Un-Du adhesive remover to take a full duct tape spine from a Batman 181 without damaging any of the paper on the cover.

Of course it lead to a detached split cover, but I'd rather the tape be gone than continue to damage the book.