• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CDN WHITES @ CLINK datapoint thread
1 1

52 posts in this topic

I was expecting this to be the auction where the prices started to fall, considering the number of poor grades. The prices that the Triumphs achieved are mind-blowing and the prices that the Wow 17 and 18 achieved make the Wow # 1 from the last auction (as well as the one available on eBay right now) look like steals.

I think the Wow 1 prices were definitely reasonable and made for worthwhile purchases, but I don't know about outright steals. That book has always been a little more available than the rest. I understand it was printed in higher quantities than the rest of the Wows (first Bell book, they were still figuring things out). I sure love mine though :)

Interesting. If there were more Wow # 1s published than most of the later issues it would help to explain why some of the other issues were coming close to the price realized by the Wow # 1. Thanks for the insight.

more high prices but not as strong as the last two. I will post results later.

Upcoming sale includes a copy of the first appearance of Brok Windsor... that should be interesting.

The Robin Hood # 1 went for significantly less than I projected. I'm glad it went to Walt and is in the hands of someone who cares deeply about WECA books.

Should be interesting to see what the 1st Brok Windsor goes for. Looking at what is coming up at the next two auctions, we must be close to the end of what has been a very impressive collection of books.

The Robin Hood # 1 went for significantly less than I projected. I'm glad it went to Walt and is in the hands of someone who cares deeply about WECA books.

Should be interesting to see what the 1st Brok Windsor goes for. Looking at what is coming up at the next two auctions, we must be close to the end of what has been a very impressive collection of books.

:whistle:

I think a lot of the results have been like throwing darts. I genuinely don't know half the time if something will sell for 1k or 3k

I am hoping for a bit of a downturn with the saturation of Canadian Whites, as there are many duplicate books of earlier titles previously auctioned coming up. :wishluck:

That way I can fill a few holes in my runs. I have only acquired the Victory Pulp thus far. It is difficult to pay the equivalent of a vehicle for a few books. :sick:

Edited by eccomic

long overdue stats from December:

WOW COMICS CANADIAN #29 CGC 6.0 FN $2,100

WOW COMICS CANADIAN #25 CGC 6.0 FN $2,300

WOW COMICS CANADIAN #23 CBCS 2.0 GD $425

WHIZ COMICS CANADIAN v2 #10 CGC 2.0 GD $116

TRIUMPH-ADVENTURE COMICS #6 CGC 3.0 GVG $3,655

TRIUMPH COMICS #26 CGC 6.0 FN $2,400

TRIUMPH COMICS #14 CGC 6.0 FN $1,850

TRIUMPH COMICS #12 CGC 1.0 FR $750

THRILLING STORIES FOR BOYS #no number CGC 5.0 VGF $524

THREE ACES COMICS #2 CGC 4.5 VG+ $1,400