• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Blonde Phantom, Planet, Jumbo, LBCole, Green Hornet, PCH LOWER PRICES!!!!

40 posts in this topic

SOFT-SERVE'S "I'VE SPENT TOO MUCH MONEY" SALE

IN THIS THREAD: All Golden Age: Fiction House, Scifi, Timely, GGA, Jungle, etc...and more!

Why: (I'm selling it)

Gotta fund some recent purchases, so some of my favorite stuff has to go. So I'm happy to listen to offers, but with prices like these, I wouldn't wait too long before pulling the trigger. ;)

How: (you can buy it):

First takeit (icon, words, implied meaning, wink, nudge) posted publicly or privately wins over any PM negotiations that haven't been sealed with "it's a deal". Them's the rules.

Who: (can't buy it)

No Shady characters please. This includes: Hall of Shamers, Probies, Intergalactic Dictators, or Chicago parking police (I'm flexible on that last one...)

When: (when you pay, you get comics)

Shipping is $4 flat for any group of singles up to 7, $1/book thereafter. First class shipping for up to 2 books, Media mail for 3 or more for all others. Priority (extra $5) & insurance optional as well. (about $5/book or bundle) Payment via Paypal only please. Int'l shipping will be actual cost. Returns accepted within 7 days of receipt of book.

Thanks!!!! :

Planet Comics #34 - VG+ $475 - SOLD

Best color strike of this copy I've seen, the reds are insane. Interior reinforced staple pulls and spine/edge tears, both seemingly done well with archival tape - nearly invisible. Page quality is also the best I've come across for this book. Supple off-white with deep color saturation. There are a few short tears on the interior pages, but nothing overboard. This, in my experience, has been the hardest Planet to track down so far. Lovely cover sheen.

Fiction%20House%20-%20Planet%20Comics%20034%201_zpsaopbdi3f.jpg

Fiction%20House%20-%20Planet%20Comics%20034%202_zps5hgmyojt.jpg

Planet Comics #72 - GD $175 $150

Another hard-to-find Planet. This copy has moderately extensive tape (archival) work sealing/reinforcing a spine tear, edge tears, and staple. Good page quality and excellent gloss on cover. Took ages to get this one too. My favorite Whitman cover FWIW. Presents like a much higher grade.

Fiction%20House%20-%20Planet%20Comics%20072b%201_zpsz8tjjnkj.jpg

Fiction%20House%20-%20Planet%20Comics%20072b%202_zpsxagr0bir.jpg

Powerhouse Pepper #3 - FN- $300 $275

All Wolverton Art! A must have for BW collectors. Super-flat copy here with nice color (reds really pop). Solid staples (pulling a little on back cover), solid centerfold. 1/2" edge tear front cover & 1st page, 1/4" back cover. Light tanning upper book, very supple pages. Don't see this one everyday...

Timely%20-%20Powerhouse%20Pepper%20003%201_zpsytv0xa6o.jpg

Timely%20-%20Powerhouse%20Pepper%20003%202_zpsimsitkgz.jpg

Powerhouse Pepper #4 - FN- $550 $525

TOUGH BOOK! All Wolverton Art! A must have for BW collectors. Tough book too, listed as a Gerber 6 rating (Uncommon). Super-flat copy here with nice color (reds really pop!). Solid staples, solid centerfold. 1" lower spine split, 1/4" rear cover tear. Light tanning, very supple off-white pages. Interior color strike is stunning, high saturation and contrast. Another one you don't see everyday...

Timely%20-%20Powerhouse%20Pepper%20004%201_zps4lzybytv.jpg

Timely%20-%20Powerhouse%20Pepper%20004%202_zpsonlzqlyl.jpg

Green Hornet #40 - FN $60

Really nice book here. Flat and lovely with excellent page quality. Only thing worth mentioning art a tiny tear rear cover (upper left corner). Lovely sheen on the cover, almost iridescent when viewed at an angle. This book truly is much better in-hand, trust me.

Harvey%20-%20Green%20Hornet%20040%201_zps5tlexvqg.jpg

Harvey%20-%20Green%20Hornet%20040%202_zpsm3gggntl.jpg

Always down on my peeps :sorry:

Beware #16 (#4 actual) FN- $75

Fantastic GGA Lizard Man cover with good gloss. Staples attached but bottom by rear cover only. Old tape interior cover. Small color touch on spine, (staple area, llhc ), 1-1/4" Lower spine split.

Trojan%20-%20Beware%20004%201_zps1x7opmdd.jpg

Green Hornet #32 - VG+ $65

Great cover, probably my favorite of the series. Staples attached, with a very minor amount of rust. I see just a tiny spot of migration on top staple. Small lower right corner moisture stain interior 1st 5 pages only, barely goes over corner of panel art. Centerfold attached, Really nice art in this one, especially the Blonde Bomber story...

Harvey%20-%20Green%20Hornet%20032%201_zpsfedmsv48.jpg

Harvey%20-%20Green%20Hornet%20032%202_zps75a4wjda.jpg

Jumbo Comics #48 VG $70 SOLD

Fantastic Zolnerowich cover! Very nice flat and solid early Jumbo here. 2nd story features Abe Lincoln as a Nazi axe-wielding executioner.Writing on back cover and short upper and lower spine splits. Light non-color breaking vertical creases on cover. Very nice color strike on cover with a tight mid-war single staple and centerfold.

Jumbo%20Comics%20048%201_zps7e3npejq.jpg

Jumbo%20Comics%20048%202_zpswkppkrxh.jpg

CCI07072016_zpsm679lcbg.jpg