• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Creepy Crawlies!

25 posts in this topic

I have to say, Atlas had some of the absolute best covers in pre-code. Often the stories were tame by comparison but those covers? Things of beauty!

With Maneely and Everett how can you go wrong. Sure Heath and others did some nice horror covers (though I prefer Heath's war books), but those two guys were to Atlas horror what Schomburg was to Timely superhero books.

I wish I had more than just a few books with their work (and in higher grade!)

LOVE this thread. I have been thinking about which type books to collect since thier are SO many cool books out there I need some sort of guidlines (See; thread about eclectic collections) and I have narrowed it down to a couple of different cover types:

1) Giant insects

2) small/shrunken people

So this thread is givvng me a few titles to look for. Thanks! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Here's another from the pulp world this time - July 1946 issue

p8-1015.jpg

Also notice the title of the Rog Phillips story!

Geeze! I am not a great fan of painted covers but this kind of painted cover ranks high in my book (pardon the pun). A real beauty! Amazing colors too!