• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Looking for some help regarding Canada, UPS and a claim on a damaged book...

5 posts in this topic

Hey guys...

I won't get into too much detail but I was wondering if anyone here has ever had any experience dealing with a claim and UPS Canada?

Is it normal procedure for UPS to send an agent or courier to an individuals house to take the book... not inspect it, but take it?

And is it normal for them to leave a note requesting that the item in question be left in front of the door for next day retrieval if the individual wasn't home?!

I'll find more answers on my own soon enough but was curious if anyone has heard of this. (shrug)

From this site : "In order for UPS to start a claim they are going to send a driver with Damaged call tag to the delivery address where the drive will pick up the damaged items in the box that they where shipped in and return them to the clerk at there building."

Also from UPS site :

UPS will inspect the damaged package to determine the cause of damage and verify proper packing materials were used (in accordance with the shipping terms). UPS may inspect the package at the shipper's or receiver's site, or may collect the package for inspection at a UPS facility.