• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How do you store and preserve your art?

4 posts in this topic

Been getting into sketches and OA, are they the same? guess, anyways. Been getting a few commissions done and have build a small collection now. I always get sketches on blank comics and then proceed to ge them slabbed to ensure they stay safe and clean for years. I just recently got my first official art piece on a non comic blank. My question is, how and what can i do to keep it from aging too quick?

Any special frames or glass cases I can put it in? I'm planning on framing it and displaying it in my future man cave, for now it'll just sit in my closet until I figure out this new angle on the hobby.

Thanks for any tips and suggestions.

Me?

Framed pen and ink pieces:

• Plain black frame - square about 1"
  • Double mat - white on top, suitable color under
  • Archival materials
  • UV plex

Framed paintings is similar though no glass for acrylics/oils.

You can see the art on the wall by clicking here.

Unframed - Itoya portfolios

Some put the pieces in mylar bags and then in the portfolio since mylar is very stable.

Some use mylar bags and frames that allow you to easily replace the art. I choose not to do that.

Hope this helps.