• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Batman Adventures 12

14 posts in this topic

Hey all,

I'm a fairly new collector and was hoping to get some grade opinions on this Batman Adventures 12 I found in my collection. I'm hoping to submit this to CGC eventually but I am debating about whether or not to get this book pressed/dry cleaned beforehand or even if this book would benefit from it. I'm not sure I agree with the idea of "fixing" a comic, but thats a debate for another day.

Some of the flaws that may not be seen on the front cover scans are top right corner has a small corner wrinkle, a small dimple in the paper near the armpit on poison ivy, a color breaking wrinkle to the left of poison ivy's lowered arm, a very minor spine tick to the left of the face of Harley Quinn. On the back cover, 1/2" slight bend on the top edge of the back cover above the word "super-hero" and two white marks to the left of the superman symbol. The pages seem slightly misaligned with the cover and there is slight spine stress marks.

Not sure how these flaws will affect the grade but any opinions are greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

BCwVMkE.jpg

Zoi7Oem.jpg

KWryLPP.jpg

9Dubkw2.jpg

mX2aCLO.jpg

8.0 sounds right. I see at least 4 spine tics looking at the side view you provided. CBs top right and in the area b/w Batgirl and Ivy.

Not sure what cleaning would do and pressing won't take out the breaks.

If it was "sitting" in your collection, then you've got nothing to lose by a straight sub and then reviewing the free grader's notes.

Thanks everyone for all the replies, its greatly appreciated! I didn't think the book would be a good choice for pressing with the flaws it has, at least I can send the book for directly for grading and skip the pressing. I had only mentioned cleaning since the white marks on the back cover looked like some type of marking that could be cleaned off somehow, but the more I look at it, it seems like its some minor color loss.

Really appreciate all the feedback!

curious why you are wanting to get it graded?

Mostly due to protection and liquidity. While i'm not planning on it, if I ever decide to sell a comic, I feel a graded book can add value and confidence in the purchase. Also because the slab gives a good amount of protection than the bag and boards most of my comics are in (Though there are better options).

I really enjoy reading comics, so if the book is somewhat valuable and one that i'm not too interested in reading through I mostly will look to get it slabbed. This Batman Adventures 12 is one of those.

If possibly selling then grading can help, the thing is at the 8.0-8.5 range this books sells for the same value whether graded or raw. I am just trying to save you money is all.

It is your book, grade it if you want to. :)

Yeah I saw that too. Not much of a difference in an 8.0 vs 8.5 selling prices. Still hoping it could get a higher grade from CGC if the grader is having a good day lol.1

I saw a raw Batman adventures 12 in slightly better condition sold for $330 2 days ago on feebay. I figure grading could probably get me a few more bucks out of it but not sure its worth the hassle.