• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please grade my TTA 96....trimmed??

13 posts in this topic

Here is my TTA 96. The edges are pretty sharp, so I am wondering if it was trimmed. Markings on the edges do match up with markings on the interior pages, so maybe not. In any case, it's a really nice comic...and I only paid $1 plus shipping for it on ebay! I was pleasantly suprised when I opened this morning's mail. 893whatthe.gifthumbsup2.gif Too bad about the fugly miswrap, but the pages are bone white! LMK what you guys think...

Image Hosted by imagehosting.us

tta96bk.jpg" alt="Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I agree that it looks highly suspect -- not the right edge, but the top and bottom are awfully clean cuts. Why not just ask the seller where he got the book and if he knows? It was only a buck . . . 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Why not just ask the seller where he got the book and if he knows? It was only a buck . . . 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Sent him a friendly note. thumbsup2.gif I don't really care either way since it cost me nothing, but it would be nice to know.

Its not trimmed, I have 3 subby Issues that have the same miswrap - one even has a white border on the right edge of the front cover to illustrate that the machine was way off calibrartion during the printing process.

Two questions:

1) At the top, it seems that the cover and the pages are at the same spot, meaning there is no overhang of the cover. Is that correct.

2) On the right hand side, can you see white on the cover, or is that the pages.

This book almost looks like a "Married" copy.

Its not trimmed, I have 3 subby Issues that have the same miswrap - one even has a white border on the right edge of the front cover to illustrate that the machine was way off calibrartion during the printing process.

jbud - we're not focusing on the miswrap makepoint.gif

We suspect that the top and bottom edges have been trimmed up . . .

Ok, a few things...

1. The seller emailed me back promptly and said that he was not the original owner, but that he did not have the book worked on.

2. The right edge is pretty far off register and shows white as well as some of the pages under it. In any case, the cutting marks on the right edge of the pages and covers all match perfectly, so I doubt there is any issue with the right edge.

3. The top and bottom edges only have a small overhang. This makes me wonder, since I know these issues commonly have a larger overhang.

4. No way the book is married. That I would have noticed. The staples look fine and there is nothing wrong with the staple holes, so no problem there.

Thanks for the input so far. thumbsup2.gif

Here is the auction link if anyone is curious...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...me=STRK:MEWN:IT

Late silver age Marvels do not have big overhangs. Maybe 1/16th inch at top and often none on the bottom.

Ok, a few things...

1. The seller emailed me back promptly and said that he was not the original owner, but that he did not have the book worked on.

2. The right edge is pretty far off register and shows white as well as some of the pages under it. In any case, the cutting marks on the right edge of the pages and covers all match perfectly, so I doubt there is any issue with the right edge.

3. The top and bottom edges only have a small overhang. This makes me wonder, since I know these issues commonly have a larger overhang.

4. No way the book is married. That I would have noticed. The staples look fine and there is nothing wrong with the staple holes, so no problem there.

Thanks for the input so far. thumbsup2.gif

Here is the auction link if anyone is curious...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...me=STRK:MEWN:IT

Late silver age Marvels do not have big overhangs. Maybe 1/16th inch at top and often none on the bottom.

I agree. But I also don't remember seeing a Pre-1968 Marvel that didn't have at least some of an overhang (even if it's very small). If this book didn't have ANY overhang, I would be suspicious.