• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Outcast covers 1 & 5 from the collection of Elizabeth Breitweiser. Price Drop!

11 posts in this topic

No hall of shame, probies, etc...

Free shipping via UPS with tracking

PayPal only and no returns

The art for Outcast is done digitally so any art that exists is in print format created by the artist.

From my discussion with Elizabeth, Elizabeth scanned and colored these covers digitally for her own collection. She had the covers on display in Dallas and were not for sale. I politely made several offers as these are the only covers in print format, to mine and Elizabeth's knowledge, that exist for Outcast. She was reluctant but finally relented. She recently commented on Twitter that she was sad to seem them go.

These are archive quality giclee prints, they are stamped, hand signed and numbered 1 of 1. Elizabeth has not and will not print another Outcast cover.

Asking $1300.00 or best offer for these one of a kind pieces

C7FA91F3-CE22-4226-ADB7-C696CD944C19_zpsrz7fghyk.jpg

E588D07F-4954-49B1-A82B-64697F35F1D2_zps7zs3kinn.jpg

0214642D-CD4B-435F-A613-571223AEABCD_zps27fkh0br.jpg

3CD3EFAE-DD0B-4596-8D13-C208E7C81A97_zpsuvco1bwe.jpg

A00172B9-14DA-4226-A1BE-09280F744DA8_zpsrsmq76ne.jpg

D72D17E5-9A93-4F95-9544-156F201E2846_zpsdmnxrppf.jpg

FED4D874-61AD-430C-9A13-CD52FA513CB2_zpsihc5eiho.jpg

From a fellow boardie.....Cadence Comic Art sells Paul Azaceta's work for him. The interiors are all pen and ink. So I asked about covers, if he'd have any of Paul's covers for sale, if any of them were pen and ink.

He responded by telling me that the original artwork to Paul's Outcast #1 cover is owned by Robert Kirkman. So there is an original for that cover and Kirkman's got it. I just wanted to let you know since Elizabeth seemed sure this was the only original piece existing for that cover.

With that being said the only way to own Outcast covers are the one's listed here direct from Elizabeth's collection, which she has said on multiple occasions that she will not print any others. I cannot speak for Paul but to date there known.

So, at the risk of being stupid, I want to make sure I understand. Azaceta actually drew the cover for #1. Elizabeth Breitweiser scanned that and digitally colored the line art from Azaceta. She then printed out a giclee print of her digitally colored version of Azaceta's line art cover.

Did I get it right?

EDIT: I see this was discussed already.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=9554675#Post9554675

Elizabeth does all the color work for Outcast these are her prints from her private collection. She has and only, based on her words, will only print these singular copies. They are hand numbered and signed by Elizabeth. These was an original cover drawn by Paul but it is in the possession of Kirkman and never was for sale. Paul has sold some interior pages at Cadence comic art. I have not seen any other archive quality or any print for that matter of Outcast since these were purchased form Elizabeth over a year ago.

They are one of a kind archive quality giclee prints from the collection of Elizabeth, the colorist for Outcast, in her words "I created these so I could have something tangible because I work digitally, I have no intention of creating another. These are one of a kind"