• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The 6th Sorta-Annual Central Florida Comic Swap Meet Saturday Nov 19th, Tampa FL

8 posts in this topic

CFCB-Swapmeet-NOV-2016-small_zpsuyeh8wuw.jpg

Hey folks. In two months, we will be hosting our 6th kinda-annual Central Florida Comic Swap in Tampa, FL. The Swap Meet is a private gathering of collectors and friends who get together to buy, sell, trade, and gawk at each other's grail pieces. It has had some awesome attendees over the years, and it's always a great time. For more info, you can read the history of our past events here.

This year we are planning something really special, as David and Tyler Alexander of DTA Collectibles are hosting the event, and allowing us access to their immense warehouse of comics, mags, fanzines, pulps, and other rare goodies. We are also holding the event to further promote our launch next March of EliteCon, the only collectibles convention of its kind geared exclusively toward high-end collectors.

Basically, it's a Saturday of BBQ, beers, comics and friends. We will likely have some hobby heavyweights there again, including folks from both CGC and CBCS, possibly the show promoters for TBCC, and others. Besides a nominal ($10) fee to help offset food costs, there is no charge. Also, one of the traditions of our event is that all attendees get one of our great t-shirts (with the above graphic) commemorating the experience, free of charge. I've seen our shirts worn by past attendees at shows like WW Chicago, Heroes, MegaCon, etc.....you may have too.

If you would like to attend, please send me a Private message and I will include you on the PM that will go out with details on the event. If I don't know you, or one of our past attendees isn't willing to vouch for you, I'd ask that you provide a reference or two in the hobby and be a member in good standing (No HOS please) on these boards.

This last requirement is largely because of the rash of thefts at major conventions, including here in Florida. David and Tyler are gracious enough to host this, and I want to make sure everyone who attends and gets to go through their warehouse is above board.

Hope to meet some new collectors and make some new friends this November. Feel free to message me with any questions.

Since I have been known to swap out books, kick puppies and add restoration to books that don't need it, will I have to provide three references?

You need a signed letter from the Pope to attend.

hm

Just wanted to let everyone know the event is this Saturday, and we are expecting somewhere between 40-50 people from all over Florida to attend. What's old is new again....as the collector swap meets and small hotel conventions of the 60s/70s seem to be the best way for us to organize and meet up without all the distractions of the modern comic convention.

Good food, good friends, good comics....ah, bliss. :cloud9:

Will promise to post pictures as they become available. Hopefully, we'll get more of you interested in the our upcoming activities.