• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I love my comics but space cleared up space is nicer!

17 posts in this topic

In the past month I got rid of 3 piles of comics that I have been trying to get rid of for about 1 year (about 150 comics). It was just random overflow to make room for my newer comic purchases this year (about 200 comics). It feels so good to get rid of the unwanted and have it find a new home. Not having to look at those stacks is quite motivating to get rid of some more. I still have a ways to go to trim down my collection to only Batman and family but I am getting there slowly. Some I am just not ready to get rid of just yet.

Hopefully, I can continue moving out stuff rather than keep bring it in. Which is really my true cycle. But I am stocked up on reading material for at least 1 year. :P But everything now can be tucked neatly into my closet which feels great! Well one random box on the outside. :( But no more stacks!

Anyone else have encouraging cleaning up stories?

You Should've bought a shortbox a year ago.

lol Now that is funny since I was thinking the same thing. A short box a year? Heck - I sell a short box in a sales thread if priced right.

I will have to say I sold 15 long boxes of 90s drek for $20 a long box awhile ago since I was swimming in 70 long boxes of books at the time. Selling the boxes at a slight loss (I paid $25 a long) was well worth it since it allowed me to stop paying for a storage space and move everything into the basement.

I already have an overflow shortbox that doesn't fit into the closet. :cry: Two of the "stacks" where actually in magazine boxes like this:

magazinebox2.jpg

But one was on my bookshelf for way too long. :P I finally have room to hide everything nicely but the overflowing short box sadly remains.

lol Now that is funny since I was thinking the same thing. A short box a year? Heck - I sell a short box in a sales thread if priced right.

I will have to say I sold 15 long boxes of 90s drek for $20 a long box awhile ago since I was swimming in 70 long boxes of books at the time. Selling the boxes at a slight loss (I paid $25 a long) was well worth it since it allowed me to stop paying for a storage space and move everything into the basement.

I normally sell a short box or about a 100 comics for $20-50 on Craigslist. No one taker for about 6 months. Very strange but comics don't seem to be selling in my area now, I guess. I haven't been actively collecting for awhile so I am not sure of the market anymore.

I normally sell a short box or about a 100 comics for $20-50 on Craigslist. No one taker for about 6 months. Very strange but comics don't seem to be selling in my area now, I guess. I haven't been actively collecting for awhile so I am not sure of the market anymore.

A short box of (I assume) random modern books would definitely sell for $20-$50 on the boards especially if there are some mini runs of some titles.

I'm about to do the same. I've been schlepping the collection that I bought from my brother in law around for about 2 years now (2 moves) and it's taking up too much space (22 long boxes). A lot of runs, which is what he collected, so I'm hoping to free up some space soon...have to learn Craigslist now.

I'm about to do the same. I've been schlepping the collection that I bought from my brother in law around for about 2 years now (2 moves) and it's taking up too much space (22 long boxes). A lot of runs, which is what he collected, so I'm hoping to free up some space soon...have to learn Craigslist now.

Craigslist is easy but I would never let anyone know where I live. I meet buyers outside of a busy store that is well lit. Helps the buyer to look at the stuff too. If it is inexpensive, they usually flip thorough quickly and are on their way.

So over the last 3-4 years, I've gone from almost 60 jam packed longboxes to 44 longboxes that are about ¾ full each.

Slow and steady, on my way to my current target goal of no more than 36 boxes (as that is the full capacity of my custom built shelves).

By selling off volume and using the proceeds to upgrade my keys, my ultimate goal is to have one shortbox left on the day I die that I can pass on to my son. I'd much rather leave him with a box he can stash in a closet if he wants to, rather than have to worry about how to get rid of 100 longobxes of every book that has ever crossed my path over 60 years of collecting.

So over the last 3-4 years, I've gone from almost 60 jam packed longboxes to 44 longboxes that are about ¾ full each.

Slow and steady, on my way to my current target goal of no more than 36 boxes (as that is the full capacity of my custom built shelves).

By selling off volume and using the proceeds to upgrade my keys, my ultimate goal is to have one shortbox left on the day I die that I can pass on to my son. I'd much rather leave him with a box he can stash in a closet if he wants to, rather than have to worry about how to get rid of 100 longobxes of every book that has ever crossed my path over 60 years of collecting.

Quitter... :baiting:

I sold off several long boxes to pay for AF15 a number of years ago. There was no way I could have afforded the AF15 or been able to justify it to my wife otherwise.

Since then my keeper books sit in 3 magazine boxes and 1 long box.

I couldn't be happier!

I just sold off a ridiculous amount of plastic crack in the last week and a half and steadily raised almost a thousand. I could have easily sold off one comic for that amount...

It was much more satisfying to get rid of a container of little things.

$50 transformer here... $60 lego set there... certain SW action figures $10 each.... it really adds up, it clears out some space... and it gives some room so that the $1000 comic is not lost amongst the clutter.