• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Elder Scrolls 6 2019?

18 posts in this topic

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/elder-scrolls-6-is-coming-but-not-soon/1100-6442514/

"This studio [bethesda Game Studios] is not a vending machine," he said. "They're not a two-button vending machine, where first we press Elder Scrolls and then we press Fallout, and then we press Elder Scrolls and then we press Fallout... They're an incredibly talented studio of creative people. They've now made four games in a row, all of which were named Game of the Year, and they have a right to decide what they're interested in working on next and which direction they want to go."

Hines went on to say that he doesn't question director Todd Howard when he talks about what game he wants to make next.

"He's got reasons why, and I think once we get down the road, those reasons will be more evident to folks once we get there, or maybe not," Hines said. "But at the end of the day, these folks have a right to not just have to make Elder Scrolls game after Elder Scrolls game, which is why they switched to Fallout, and they have a right to stretch their legs and try something else or do something different.

"I know what they're working on for the next decade, and I think all of them are things to get excited about, for different reasons, and once they come out, folks will enjoy them for what they are."

Now this is a studio I can respect. Quality over quantity. The only real problem they've had is giving the reigns of Elder Scrolls Online to Zenimax Studios. But given the huge gamble that game is, it was a smart move. Zenimax has proven time and again, they should just keep their hands in their pockets and let Bethesda move along.... and that's exactly what it looks like with the future developments

Bethesda is like the Daniel Day-Lewis of gaming. They make something once a decade, and it's amazing everytime. I'm eagerly awaiting the release of Skyrim Remastered, after spending 2 years playing Fallout 4. ES6 can't come soon enough.

As a console gamer, I really hope they can make their games less glitchy. I loved Oblivion and Skyrim but they both were riddled with glitches.

PS3 Skyrim was terrible when it first shipped, and took quite a while to be patched up to an acceptable standard. I have the Legendary Edition with the final update included.

As a console gamer, I really hope they can make their games less glitchy. I loved Oblivion and Skyrim but they both were riddled with glitches.

PS3 Skyrim was terrible when it first shipped, and took quite a while to be patched up to an acceptable standard. I have the Legendary Edition with the final update included.

For some reason, they always have problems with the PS ports. I'm a Xbox guy, and the games work fine for me. Haven't run into any game breaking bugs since Morrowind. But it is annoying that Bethesda seems content to let PC modders fix their bugs, leaving us console gamers SOL. Hopefully, since they added mod access to consoles with fallout 4 and Skyrim Remastered, that will change going forward.

For Skyrim Remastered, there will be mod support on the Xbox One version, but not the PS4 version due to Sony not playing ball, apparently.

Xbone version it is then. Glad I have both consoles. Looking forward to playing a version of Skyrim that isn't completely broken.

For some reason, they always have problems with the PS ports. I'm a Xbox guy, and the games work fine for me. Haven't run into any game breaking bugs since Morrowind. But it is annoying that Bethesda seems content to let PC modders fix their bugs, leaving us console gamers SOL. Hopefully, since they added mod access to consoles with fallout 4 and Skyrim Remastered, that will change going forward.

That is amazing to me. Both major quests (Imperials v. Stormcloaks and defeating Alduin) have several terminal glitches on the original X-Box version. So yeah, if you played the Legendary version, they are all cleaned up. But man, resetting multiple levels to go back to a point where you can take up the quest again is awful. And God forbid if you didn't have a backup

That is amazing to me. Both major quests (Imperials v. Stormcloaks and defeating Alduin) have several terminal glitches on the original X-Box version. So yeah, if you played the Legendary version, they are all cleaned up. But man, resetting multiple levels to go back to a point where you can take up the quest again is awful. And God forbid if you didn't have a backup

I bought the OG version of Skyrim on launch day, never had a problem. But I've read many stories of other people running into serious bugs. The only major complaint I had was having to save every time I fast traveled into a town, just in case dragons, and later vampires, appeared and started killing off merchants. :frustrated:

I had a problem with a Railroad mission in Fallout 4 where a character that was supposed to meet me in a church never appeared. Dozens of reloads and hours lost, and he still wouldn't show up. Turns out he kept getting attacked on the road far away from me, and since he was essential, he couldn't die. He would get knocked out, wake up, then get mauled by the group of super mutants standing over him over and over again.

Fallout New Vegas was the only game that I experienced real game breaking stuff. Corrupted saves, broken quests. Lost all my progress after getting about halfway through the game. But that was an Obsidian game, so I can't blame Bethesda for that.

For Skyrim Remastered, there will be mod support on the Xbox One version, but not the PS4 version due to Sony not playing ball, apparently.

Xbone version it is then. Glad I have both consoles. Looking forward to playing a version of Skyrim that isn't completely broken.

Yeah, and they canceled mod support for Fallout 4 on PS, too. Apparently Sony is hung up on the size limit of the mods. Their loss. I don't want to live in a world that doesn't have macho man randy savage dragons in Skyrim.

Bethesda is like the Daniel Day-Lewis of gaming. They make something once a decade, and it's amazing everytime. I'm eagerly awaiting the release of Skyrim Remastered, after spending 2 years playing Fallout 4. ES6 can't come soon enough.

Impressive, considering Fallout 4 is coming up on it's one-year anniversary next month.

I bought the OG version of Skyrim on launch day, never had a problem. But I've read many stories of other people running into serious bugs. The only major complaint I had was having to save every time I fast traveled into a town, just in case dragons, and later vampires, appeared and started killing off merchants. :frustrated:

I had a problem with a Railroad mission in Fallout 4 where a character that was supposed to meet me in a church never appeared. Dozens of reloads and hours lost, and he still wouldn't show up. Turns out he kept getting attacked on the road far away from me, and since he was essential, he couldn't die. He would get knocked out, wake up, then get mauled by the group of super mutants standing over him over and over again.

Fallout New Vegas was the only game that I experienced real game breaking stuff. Corrupted saves, broken quests. Lost all my progress after getting about halfway through the game. But that was an Obsidian game, so I can't blame Bethesda for that.

The OG AND the Legendary edition of Skyrim on the PS3 were terrible for me. They'd run fine for the first 20-30 hours or so of a new character file, then the game would hit horrible frame rates, stutter, have long load times, and crash/lock up my console frequently. Got two different characters to the 30-ish hour mark and I quit. And that's not even counting the glitches. Disabled auto-saving, downloaded all the patches, and it was still terrible.

I also had vampires and cultists and the like killing merchants in the towns, but I'm still not sure whether that's supposed to happen or not. I did have a case where I was fighting off vampires in one of the towns, and I guess I accidentally hit a guard or something, and I could never get near that town again without the guards coming after me.

The OG AND the Legendary edition of Skyrim on the PS3 were terrible for me. They'd run fine for the first 20-30 hours or so of a new character file, then the game would hit horrible frame rates, stutter, have long load times, and crash/lock up my console frequently. Got two different characters to the 30-ish hour mark and I quit. And that's not even counting the glitches. Disabled auto-saving, downloaded all the patches, and it was still terrible.

I also had vampires and cultists and the like killing merchants in the towns, but I'm still not sure whether that's supposed to happen or not. I did have a case where I was fighting off vampires in one of the towns, and I guess I accidentally hit a guard or something, and I could never get near that town again without the guards coming after me.

Exactly. The last time I played, I had a 6 coin bounty for something stupid in Dawnstar, and I could not go forward with the main quest because the head of the Imperials attacked me on sight. I had to go back to Dawnstar, get arrested and pay the bounty, every time I wanted to do anything on that quest. At Level 50 fast travel = insta-spawn of legendary dragons = complete quest mayhem from dead NPCs. I could go on and on.

There has never been anything that was so fun in the short run and so frustrating in the long run. Well, I've never been married so maybe you guys have me beat.

Impressive, considering Fallout 4 is coming up on it's one-year anniversary next month.

FADE3884-D757-457D-A1EE-44EACE441FAA_zpshw7wv5jk.jpg

Yep, it's one of my favorite games when it's working. That's why I'm looking forward to the remaster so much.

Legendary isn't perfect, but it seemed to run better once I installed it on my PS3's new, upgraded hard drive, a very large capacity ( 1 TB, around 200 GB total installs) and faster 7200 rpm model, and disabled autosave. PS3 save files can be huge and the game's very demanding on memory. It'll still be interesting to see the remastered version running on the new, enhanced PS4 model.