• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Opinion and advice needed -- removing ink from cover

4 posts in this topic

I recently got a nice Iron Man #99. The cover is tight and bright. Unfortunately, as you can see from the pictures there is some sort of ink, grease stuff.

I have not done anything to the book. Is there some technique or product available to removing the ink stuff? Any feedback is appreciated.

a>

Could be stacking transfer of the ad on back of copy it was sitting under. Or also looks like could be a bindery/printing/manufacturing defect, the rollers were dirty (or whatever you call it). Not a pro so could be totally wrong about it's source/origins.

Doubt it can be removed without also affecting/damaging the glossy layer to which it's attached. I once took off grease pencil that was over decades old with gentle use of an eraser that had no noticeable effect after it was erased - but this isn't that kind of ink, I don't think the grease pencil ever really took hold of the cover.