• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cgc uncanny x-men issue 101 question

15 posts in this topic

Ok, i went to my local comic shop friday and he recently recieved a bunch of slabbed books. was thinking of purchasing a uncanny x-men 101 slabbed at 4.5 blue label.

i asked how much and he told me $350.00 (ok here comes the question.)

was i wrong to laugh and ask if he was crazy? 27_laughing.gifscrewy.gif

27_laughing.gif

They are so many like that. screwy.gif

Ok, i went to my local comic shop friday and he recently recieved a bunch of slabbed books. was thinking of purchasing a uncanny x-men 101 slabbed at 4.5 blue label.

i asked how much and he told me $350.00 (ok here comes the question.)

was i wrong to laugh and ask if he was crazy? 27_laughing.gifscrewy.gif

A CGC 9.4 copy just sold on ebay for less than the asking price on that 4.5...so yeah, he is screwy.gif.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33826&item=6524930721&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

Now isn't the best time to be buying X-Men 101 anyway. The movie hype for X3 is still inflating prices, and will continue to do so until after it is released. I picked up a nice VF+ maybe 2 years ago for $27, it would cost 3-4x that now.

Personally, I would not have bought the book, but if he has it for that price it must be for a good reason. I'm sure he knows that he is going to find some X-men fan who doesn't care about condition and has never seen the book before in his life and is willing to pay just about anything to get it.