• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comics are the #8 worthless collectibles!!

27 posts in this topic

Flipping thru this recent article and look which collectible was deemed worthless! I for one am glad there is an article explaining to the average person that most books are essentially worthless.

Worthless Collectibles

I agree!

There are way too many worthless books out there compared to what people think. I am very surprised that sports cards were not on that list. That hobby took a huge hit compared to comics.

The article isn't wrong...the vast majority of comics I'd imagine are basically worthless. I went through 2 long boxes recently that my buddy was going to trash and honestly it wasn't even worth me taking any of them. The original person who bought them for $1-2 a piece spent quite a bit and it's basically garbage.

"Unless you've dug into a stash of comics and uncovered ultra-rare issues from the earliest days of Superman, Batman, or the classic Marvel heroes..."

I suggest any of you out there with issues from the earliest days of Flash, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman, Justice League etc. please heed this writer's advice and sell them to me for $5 apiece. New Mutants 98 also.

While clearly containing some aspect of truth, the haphazard "analysis" provided is severely lacking in actual substance.

"Unless you've dug into a stash of comics and uncovered ultra-rare issues from the earliest days of Superman, Batman, or the classic Marvel heroes..."

I suggest any of you out there with issues from the earliest days of Flash, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman, Justice League etc. please heed this writer's advice and sell them to me for $5 apiece. New Mutants 98 also.

While clearly containing some aspect of truth, the haphazard "analysis" provided is severely lacking in actual substance.

I will gladly sell you my nm 98 for 5 bucks if you take the rest of my 90's collection at $5 a pop...

I will gladly sell you my nm 98 for 5 bucks if you take the rest of my 90's collection at $5 a pop...

Only if it contains numerous foil covers. Foil makes everything better!

Reading is fundamental.

I'm testing a local auction this weekend. Two lots of 50 books. Mostly late 80s Derek, but I seeded the lots with a few twenty,and twenty five books. Defenders, Claw, Marvel Two in One, and a few very low grade Avengers. Seller gets 35% of first $50 and 10% of anything over it.

I will be happy if I clear fifty cents per book.