• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ASM 121/122, Defenders 10, Conan 23/24, Cap Marv 33, 1st ed HCs, more-REDUCEDp.4

41 posts in this topic

Up for sale this week -- a handful of BA Marvels from my personal stash, including several keys (some higher grade, some not), a 35-cent Marvel variant, and maybe a few other odds and ends as well…

-----------------------------------

TERMS:

:takeit: in the thread rules.

• PayPal ONLY for this sale.

• No HOS'ers/probies/etc.

• Payment is due within 3 days of closing the deal unless we've made other arrangements.

DOMESTIC US SHIPPING (w/extremely secure packaging):

• $7 for a fully-insured Flat Rate Priority Envelope; $13 for a fully-insured Flat Rate Priority Box (NOTE: boxed shipping with Signature Confirmation is mandatory for purchases valued at $200 or more).

• I'm sometimes able to ship the same day that payment is received, but usually no later than one day after payment is received.

***IMPORTANT NOTE -- US shipping only, very sorry!***

RETURNS:

• Shouldn't be necessary, but…I'm reasonable -- if there's a problem of any kind, please PM me and we'll sort it out.

Need larger scans? Detail pics? Interior pics? More info? Please feel free to PM me.

Finally, my feedback thread is located here (under my old username, but it's still me):

My feedback thread!

First books will be up shortly -- thanks for looking!

-Mikey

-----------------------------------

Conan #23 & #24: First Red Sonja (23) and first full RS and RS cover (24).

23 is G/VG, and presents very nicely for the grade.

24 is structurally VF or better, and still very solid and glossy, but there are areas of light staining to the front and back covers (mostly along the spine side, more visible on the back cover than the front), so call it…I dunno…VG+? Anyway, this is the nicest looking "lower grade" copy you're likely to find.

$40 for the pair. SOLD!!!

Conan23-a_zpsyo8z49wn.jpg

Conan23-b_zps9jg9a8qo.jpg

Conan24-a_zps76rle2vs.jpg

Conan24-b_zpszjd1zolh.jpg

Captain Marvel #33: Classic Thanos cover and battle by Starlin.

Date stamp on front cover; some ink smudging & a small "buckled" area along the upper rhs of the front cover; 1/2" tear along the outer edge of two interior pages; and a small, slightly discolored oval-shaped spot in the rh margin of the splash page.

VG/VG+ -- a very nice looking copy overall for the grade.

$18 SOLD!!!

CapMarv-33a_zpsq8gwm6ov.jpg

CapMarv-33b_zpstqyxwfwt.jpg

Iron Man #47: Classic "picture frame" cover by Gil Kane, with Barry Smith handling the interior art on the re-telling of Ol' Shellhead's origin. Easily one of my all-time favorite Marvels from this era.

A bit tougher to find in grade. I bought this one some time ago from Worldwide Comics, and it is an extremely nice copy.

NM-.

$150 SOLD!!! via PM...

IronMan-47a_zps6xn8rc6g.jpg

IronMan-47b_zps1sq5rvoo.jpg

Marvel Premiere #48: Completing the first Scott Lang Ant-Man story begun in MP 47, again by Byrne.

Got this one from the same source as the Iron Man 47 above, and the quality is comparable.

NM.

$40

MarvPrem-48a_zpsarqgowgf.jpg

MarvPrem-48b_zps4xhmu6xn.jpg

Marvel Two-in-One #28 35-cent variant: This is a solid copy of the first of the MtiO 35-centers, with just some general wear and ncb creasing not visible in the scans. No hidden problems.

Fine.

$85 SOLD!!!

MtiO-28-variant-A_zpsahfpjux9.jpg

MtiO-28-variant-B_zpsxo6oscij.jpg

Marvel Two-in-One #28 35-cent variant: This is a solid copy of the first of the MtiO 35-centers, with just some general wear and ncb creasing not visible in the scans. No hidden problems.

Fine.

$85

:takeit:

:applause: Thanks, you got it!

Amazing Spider-Man #121: Death of Gwen Stacy.

This copy has been signed by the late Gil Kane in the bottom margin of the splash page (see pic below).

I am as confident as anyone possibly could be (short of having been there when it was signed) that this "old school" signature is 100% authentic. But for the purposes of this description, let's err on the side of caution and "officially" describe it as "name written in ink on the splash page". There is also green distributor ink (how apt!) on the top edge of the book (BUT...no overspray on the front cover, and only a very small amount on the back cover).

Not in a huge hurry to sell this one...

VF.

$475 SOLD!!!

AmazSpidey-121a_zpsyamyzeke.jpg

AmazSpidey-121b_zpsdfkzha4t.jpg

AmazSpidey-121c_zps5a0hot46.jpg

(I hope the mods won't mind me listing these here: they reprint vintage material, and sometimes get hopelessly lost in the "mixed" forum...)

1st Print & Early Marvel Masterworks HC Lot: Includes the following…

• Marvel Masterworks Vol. 1: Amazing Spider-Man Hardcover - First Print: This is a very high-grade, unread, first-edition copy of the first-ever Marvel Masterworks hardcover from 1987 (original cover price on the inside front flap is $29.95). Binding is VERY tight, and both the dust-jacket and book look and feel brand-new -- bright, crisp, and very clean. A real time capsule!

• Marvel Masterworks Vol. 2: Fantastic Four Hardcover: Another high-grade, unread copy, also from 1987, but marked as "Second Edition" on the title page (original cover price on the inside front flap is still $29.95). Again, the binding is VERY tight. There is some light wear to the top-edge of the front of the dust-jacket (not visible in the scan), but otherwise both the DJ and the book itself look and feel brand-new. A very sharp copy.

• Marvel Masterworks Vol. 4: Avengers Hardcover - First Print: Dated 1988 and with a $29.95 original cover price. This one is more of a reading copy. The dust-jacket is worn and has several tears on the front and back, and there's a pencil mark in the upper corner of the first leaf page. The binding is still fairly tight on this one as well -- it has been opened and read, but carefully. Still a perfectly respectable copy of a first-edition book which is nearly 30-years old.

Marvel Masterworks Vol. 8: Incredible Hulk Hardcover - First Print: Here's another super-sharp, high-grade, and apparently unread first edition, this one from 1989 and with an original cover price of $24.95. Binding is VERY tight, and both the dust-jacket and book itself look and feel brand-new -- bright, crisp, and very clean. A real winner, and a slightly more uncommon early volume in the Masterworks line.

• Marvel Masterworks Vol. 24: The X-Men Hardcover - First Print: Dated 1993, with an original cover price of $34.95. This one is more of a reader -- the dust-jacket is worn with a few tears along the upper front edge, but overall shelf wear is minimal: the DJ is still glossy and bright, and the book itself is very clean, and appears to have been very carefully read. Did I mention that this is Olympian level superhero storytelling from Claremont and Byrne, which absolutely warrants the deluxe format?!? ;)

$200 shipped and insured for the whole lot.

mstrwrk1a-ASM-fc.jpg

mstrwrk1b-ASM-bc.jpg

mstrwrk2a-FF-fc.jpg

mstrwrk2b-FF-bc.jpg

mstrwrk4a-Avengers-fc.jpg

mstrwrk4b-Avengers-bc.jpg

mstrwrk8a-Hulk-fc.jpg

mstrwrk8b-Hulk-bc.jpg

mstrwrk24a-X-Men-fc.jpg

mstrwrk24b-X-Men-bc.jpg

mstrwrk0-spines.jpg