• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

USPS Media Mail Regulations
1 1

126 posts in this topic

Just now, ygogolak said:

Welp, you've convinced me.

I wish I could give you two or three of these: HahaHahaHaha

12 hours ago, lizards2 said:

I had someone balk at using first class boxed.  That was a new one on me, as I don't see any difference between first class boxed and priority boxed.

First class boxed is certainly better than priority envelope, no matter how you cut it.

Unfortunately that's no guaranty that a book will arrive safely. I had a book arrive recently in a priority box that had almost zero packing materials inside, it was a near miracle that the book didn't get damaged.

Received a book from eBay today shipped via media mail, received refund for mauled book less than an hour later.

Just now, Logan510 said:
12 hours ago, lizards2 said:

I had someone balk at using first class boxed.  That was a new one on me, as I don't see any difference between first class boxed and priority boxed.

First class boxed is certainly better than priority envelope, no matter how you cut it.

Unfortunately that's no guaranty that a book will arrive safely. I had a book arrive recently in a priority box that had almost zero packing materials inside, it was a near miracle that the book didn't get damaged.

Received a book from eBay today shipped via media mail, received refund for mauled book less than an hour later.

Totally agree - the shipdits that drop stuff in an empty box are just as bad.  There is quite a bit to packaging to beat the odds - no one is perfect, but you don't really understand until you're on the receiving end of a bunch of bad packaging.

When I say first class boxed, it includes stiff sandwiching and adequate filler.  Still no guarantee.

6 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

Totally agree - the shipdits that drop stuff in an empty box are just as bad.  There is quite a bit to packaging to beat the odds - no one is perfect, but you don't really understand until you're on the receiving end of a bunch of bad packaging.

When I say first class boxed, it includes stiff sandwiching and adequate filler.  Still no guarantee.

So far so good as far as shipping goes. The only complaint I've received was from a buyer who didn't like the newton rings on the slab he purchased and that was easy enough to work out where he was happy.

I always error on the side of caution and would rather lose a couple of bucks off the bottom line to package it over the top and have a happy buyer.

Came across this when researching if diaries and journals can be sent media mail:
SiL has been the postmaster now for 32 years. She read your comment and laughed. She said Postmasters have never agreed on anything.

3 hours ago, kav said:

Came across this when researching if diaries and journals can be sent media mail:
SiL has been the postmaster now for 32 years. She read your comment and laughed. She said Postmasters have never agreed on anything.

Not quite a fully rotted corpse, but still a noteworthy reanimation.

tenor.gif