• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Thing #16 Charlton (1954)

15 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

I'm interested in buying this comic, but I would first need an opinion from you guys. What kind of grade do you think it is? Unfortunately, there's just the front cover.

Thank you to everyone who will take the time to help me out.

Enrico

s-l1600_zpszlx8pmb8.jpg

There was a warehouse find of a number of copies of that issue some years back, so examples in mid and higher grade are not uncommon. Value would be under earlier issues of The Thing in like condition.

Thanks for the info :) I looked up the price in the Overstreet guide of last year and this particular issue is the cheapest one of the whole series. However, in 8.0 the value is over 200$ and I can buy it for 50$ or so. So, I believe it's not too bad of a deal.

Good for you! That title always provides good reading, but with a copy in that condition, I don't know if I'd want to give it any wear.

You cannot ask me not to read it. It would be like asking a kid not to eat his ice cream. lol I'm already impatient to receive it especially since you told me it's a good read :)

Good for you! That title always provides good reading, but with a copy in that condition, I don't know if I'd want to give it any wear.

You cannot ask me not to read it. It would be like asking a kid not to eat his ice cream. lol I'm already impatient to receive it especially since you told me it's a good read :)

I read mine, it is as nice as yours. I have no worries reading an 8.0 and neither should you. Read away!

Thing%2016%20Front_zpsgnhpvwpl.jpg

Even if its the most common issue of The Thing, there's still lots of great stories in there. I'm sure you'll enjoy it. (thumbs u

+1

It's a wharehouse find of good fortune gga GA collectors can own this particular issue in high grade relatively cheap.

Who wouldn't like to have access to the rest of the Thing run in high grade for $50/pop