• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1st appearance of Nighthawk?

11 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

I was wondering about Nighthawks 1st appearance. It shows that Avengers #69 is it, but that would be the last panel and if you count the silhouettes in the second to last panel then ok you have 2 panels. But to me that would constitute a cameo in which the first full appearance would be #70. Thoughts? Also, technically the 1st full app of Squadron Sinister would also be #70

I agree...and personally, if I wanted the "1st appearance" of either Nighthawk or the Squadron Sinister, I'd be going for Avengers #70. To me, #69 is like chasing Amazing Spider-Man #299 for Venom's 1st appearance or Hulk #180 for Wolverine's first appearance. I like AV#70 here.

avengers 70 all day long, CGC once again very bad at updating labels or truly having someone do their research before updating the label. 69 is a one page cameo and 70 has the cover as well with first likenesses of all the main sinister or squadron supreme characters....all the same to me no matter which marvel earth they are in

No. 69 is also noteworthy as the first appearance of the Taskmaster, who I believe is rumored to be a villain in the next Thor movie. For some reason it hasn't trended upward like other first-appearance books with alleged movie villains.

I think you are clearly incorrect. I just looked again to be 100% certain.

Last page on A69 has the entire group standing together in a cameo style silhouette THEN there is a single huge panel where each character (Dr. Spectrum while holding his power prism up high, Hyperion full flex, Nighthawk prejump and Whizzer flexing) standing over a THE SQUADRON SINISTER box, EACH introducing themselves by name. 

This is a cameo and full appearance. A70 is the first cover appearance.