• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Weird Fantasy #15, CGC 9.0 ow/w, Gaines File Copy 4 of 12, certificate included.

8 posts in this topic

Weird Fantasy #15, CGC 9.0 ow/w, Gaines File Copy 4 of 12, certificate included. $1500. firm.

If you're into pressing and resubbing, this book is a golden opportunity. This copy is immaculate, it looks like a 9.6 in the slab. What brings the grade down to 9.0 is a small, soft bump to the lower left corner, and an even smaller one to the top left, neither of which result in any color breaking creases. The edges and corners are sharp as new. (Instead of spending $3,000. on a 9.4 or 9.6 Gaines copy, buy this one for about half that, put in another c-note or two for pressing and grading, and you could stand to save (or make) over a grand.) If this book doesn't sell, logic will one day compel me to do just that.

It's over when someone posts "I'll take it", or I post "Sold via PM".

Shipping is free within the USA and will be via boxed and insured Priority Mail. Please make payment by Paypal within 24 hours after stating intent to purchase. If this is going to be problematic, please contact me before committing to buy to let me know how much time you'll need. Sales of third party graded items are final.

wf15GFC_zpsf6be05ea.jpg

Beautiful book. If I didn't have mine this one would be mine. Great looking book and one of my favorite covers of all time. Good luck with the sale.

Thanks. Is yours one of the Gaines copies, too?

Oh, btw, in the scan you can see two tiny white specks, above the "S" and the "Y" of "Fantasy". The one above the Y is just something that was on the scanner bed. The one above the S is a tiny area of low color density on the cover of the book (a printing anomaly).

Beautiful book. If I didn't have mine this one would be mine. Great looking book and one of my favorite covers of all time. Good luck with the sale.

Thanks. Is yours one of the Gaines copies, too?

I don't think so. I think mine is a 9.4 no Gaines copy. I was thinking of cracking and grading it again

Adding a back cover scan (at least, the best I could make with the scanner compatible with this laptop). The front cover scan is from the original Comiclink auction where I got the book...

(Edit: The scan may or may not appear upside down. I gave up trying to figure out what's causing it.)

wf15_GFCbcb_zpsw1nereom.jpg