• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The King's S.A. wares for sale

46 posts in this topic

Here is the beginning of my list which will be ever-growing...I hope. Just PM me if you're interested! Oh, and my name on Ebay is also kingofrulers; I have 100% positive feedback!

Here's Hulk #181; 1st app. of Wolverine!!!

There is some damage on the back cover but I want to put as few scans up as possible (to help with loading times); so if your interested PM me and I can send you the back cover scan. I have it at a nice price considering it has some nice eye appeal. If you were to get a 9.2 or higher you'd pay over $1,500 easy. Obviously this is not a 9.2, but still has some eye appeal for a price that is much less than what a book of that magnitude would go for.

My price:$350 which will include the Hulk #181...and now ANY book of your choice from the miscellanous list free of charge!

Hulk181Front.jpg

Keys & Specials

Tales of Suspense #57 (1st app. of Hawkeye) GD+ $20 (price drop of $10)

Strange Tales #106 (Early FF appearance) GD- $20

Iron Man #55 (1st app. of Thanos) VG/FN $45 (price drop of $5)

Daredevil #168 (1st app. of Elecktra) VG+ $20

Sets

Uncanny X-men:

#225-227 (Fall of the Mutants) $15

#239-243 (Inferno)$15

Misc.

Action Comics #417 VG+ $4

Amazing Spider-man #58 VG- $12

Amazing Spider-man #80 FN- $15

Daredevil #18 GD/VG $5 NEW

Daredevil #20 VG $7 NEW

Detective Comics #568 VF $5

Fantastic Four #68 VG+ (only because someone took some of the color off of the cover; otherwise highgrade) $10

Fantastic Four #89 VG $5

Incredible Hulk #393 FN $2

Peter Parker: Spectacular Spider-man #2 FN+ $8

Peter Parker: Spectacular Spider-man #4 VG/FN $4

Silver Surfer #16 FN $20

Spectacular Spider-man #189 FN $2

Strange Tales featuring Warlock #181 VG+ $5

X-men #25 FN+ $5

Uncanny X-men #24 FN- $20

Uncanny X-men #31 VG $8

I can also get some other various Silver Age books from my store such as (tell me what you want and I'll check the inventory):

-X-men

-Silver Surfer

-Fantastic 4

-Warlock

$.50 Bin!!!

Batman #483

Classic Star Wars #3

Generation X #11

Ghost Rider #36

Silver Surfer #83

X-men #21

X-men Adventures #3

X-men Adventures #4

Web of Spider-man #118

It just interesting the way you chose to misdirect possible buyers by mentioning the grade and value of a 9.2, when your book is nowhere near a 9.2 grade.

Pretty shady tactic.

It just interesting the way you chose to misdirect possible buyers by mentioning the grade and value of a 9.2, when your book is nowhere near a 9.2 grade.

Pretty shady tactic.

How's anything about it "shady"? I even said it is NOT a 9.2. screwy.gif

I just said it has some eye appeal of a higher grade book, but being a mechanically lower grade book. wink.gif

Pretty shady tactic.

I just said it has some eye appeal of a higher grade book, but being a mechanically lower grade book. wink.gif

You really need to give the book a grade and post the back cover scan, bandwidth these days is irrelevant (and your front cover scan isn't even that big to start with).

I love that book, let's see the back cover!!! 893applaud-thumb.gif

...like I said before. I noted it is obviously not a 9.2, but has some of the eye appeal (meaning colors and gloss for those in question) that a book of that grade would have.

I do not get what is so hard to understand about that.

Pretty shady tactic.

Look, you can say anything you want petaining to the sale of your books. However, if you choose to post here on the boards then you subject yourself to comments.

I am just saying that by mentioning the 9.2, you are misdirecting the buyer. There is no reason to even mention what 9.2 sell for. You're book isn't a 9.2, nor would it even be close to a 9.2.

That's shady. period.

As mentioned, you should show the back cover damage if you mentioned it, which could drop the grade even further.

Pretty shady tactic.

You really need to give the book a grade and post the back cover scan, bandwidth these days is irrelevant (and your front cover scan isn't even that big to start with).

I love that book, let's see the back cover!!! 893applaud-thumb.gif

If you say so. Usually on most sites they don't like when too many larger pictures are posted. And, I would grade the book at a 4.0.

Oh, I can't get the pics any larger because photobucket has the restriction on the space the file can be.

Hulk181Back.jpg

Pretty shady tactic.

Look, you can say anything you want petaining to the sale of your books. However, if you choose to post here on the boards then you subject yourself to comments.

I am just saying that by mentioning the 9.2, you are misdirecting the buyer. There is no reason to even mention what 9.2 sell for. You're book isn't a 9.2, nor would it even be close to a 9.2.

That's shady. period.

As mentioned, you should show the back cover damage if you mentioned it, which could drop the grade even further.

Wow. I thought you would be able to read the post without thinking that it is a 9.2. Given the scan and the fact that I said it was NOT a 9.2, I thought that would be enough. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

If the only grade given in Overstreet Guide was 9.2, then that would have to be your starting point.

But they give grades for VG (4.0) and FN (6.0), so that's what you should be quoting. The 9.2 is irrelevant, where as the 4.0 and 6.0 grade is relevant. makepoint.gif

Here's an acre of land in nowheresville. If this acre was in Manhattan, it would be worth $2 million dollars. But this isn't in Manhattan (see I'm being honest). tongue.gif

If you say so. Usually on most sites they don't like when too many larger pictures are posted. And, I would grade the book at a 4.0.

This site is special...pictures are encouraged and most welcome!!

Great spine and nice centering for a VG! Does that tear in the top corner go through the book? I can't really tell what's going on with it on the front, looks as though it may be torn to the point of almost being detached?

If the only grade given in Overstreet Guide was 9.2, then that would have to be your starting point.

But they give grades for VG (4.0) and FN (6.0), so that's what you should be quoting. The 9.2 is irrelevant, where as the 4.0 and 6.0 grade is relevant. makepoint.gif

Here's an acre of land in nowheresville. If this acre was in Manhattan, it would be worth $2 million dollars. But this isn't in Manhattan (see I'm being honest). tongue.gif

Don't you people read? Can you not comprehend that I was noting it had eye appeal of a higher grade book and mechanical defects of a lower grade one?

Is that so very complex?

So, if its a 4.0 which guides at $160? Why double the guide price?

Here is a CGC 5.0 that went for $200

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33816&item=6524332159&rd=1

Because I want to. Because it is a book which is always selling higher than guide and this book in particular does not look like your typical lower grade book.

realise that when folks around here say "that's shady," they're being nice, and giving you the benefit of the doubt. if they thought you were actually trying to pull something, you'd be having a nice hot flame bath right about now.

which isn't to say they won't flame you sometime in the future, just giving you a point of reference here. and a suggestion; put the dates of the x-books in parenthesis or something, save you a few questions from folks trying to figure out which series you're selling from