• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Spidey #22 - Your Educated And Valued Opinions, Please

45 posts in this topic

This one's a beauty...

FOR - silky smooth covers, slick gloss, excellent colours, sharp corners and edges, one spine stress, off-white pages

AGAINST - top left hand corner of b/c...minute piece out...the vaguest of dust shadows top left and bottom of b/c, invisible cover stress between the staples on the back cover, tiny pulls at a couple of the staple tines

Here's the front...

AmazingSpider-Man22.jpg

Yeah, the sunshadows aren't bothering me too much. I think I'm going to be a bit more conservative because of (a) the tip of the back cover left top missing and (b) the two cover stress between the staples on the back. They don't break colour, and can only be made out if angling the book the correct way, but I'm sure CGC will take a touch off the grade.

I'm thinking 8.5-9.0?

Yeah, the sunshadows aren't bothering me too much. I think I'm going to be a bit more conservative because of (a) the tip of the back cover left top missing and (b) the two cover stress between the staples on the back. They don't break colour, and can only be made out if angling the book the correct way, but I'm sure CGC will take a touch off the grade.

I'm thinking 8.5-9.0?

Hey Nick,

Just what I was thinking - 8.5 - 9.0 for the same reasons.

David

p.s. Nice book - but never one of my favorite covers . . .

I'm thinking 8.5-9.0?

Hey Nick,

David

How's it hanging, ma man?

Yeah, cover is way too busy without a real focal point. I know the Spidey signal is supposed to be it, but it just doesn't work.

I'm thinking 8.5-9.0?

I agree. 8.5 is likely unless the chip out is from production. If it is, then I'd go 9.0. CGC does downgrade for dust shadows on the back cover. They just downgrade less for them on GA books.

I'm thinking 8.5-9.0?

Hey Nick,

David

this is precisely what i was thinking on TWO points. both the grade (8.5 - 9.0) and the rather pedestrian cover. still a very nice copy and i'm hoping for a 9.0 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

in fact this was the very first issue of ASM that i didn't buy. wouldn't buy my next and last issue (#30) until i was in the service.............. frown.gif