• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Spidey #22 - Your Educated And Valued Opinions, Please

45 posts in this topic

7.0 due to back cover bends.

They're not actually bends, per se. Cover stresses would be closer and only visible when angling book into the light.

This book would never, even on their worst day, grade lower than 8.0 at CGC.

Percentages on grading?

8.0 = 10%

8.5 = 70%

9.0 = 20%

They're not actually bends, per se. Cover stresses would be closer and only visible when angling book into the light.

Percentages on grading?

8.0 = 10%

8.5 = 70%

9.0 = 20%

Are you forgetting the one fool who thinks it has a good shot at 9.2? hi.gif

Percentages on grading?

8.0 = 10%

8.5 = 70%

9.0 = 20%

Are you forgetting the one fool who thinks it has a good shot at 9.2? hi.gif

Sorry... sorry.gif

8.0 = 10%

8.5 = 70%

9.0 = 19%

9.2 = 1% insane.gif

Hey FT, I just saw your sig line saying that you're looking for Northland books. I own the CGC 9.4 OW-W Northland copy of TTA#90 (First Appearance of the Abomination). If you have some other nice Spideys, I'd be willing to work a trade. The book is on ComicLink right now if you want to check out some scans. It's a real beauty.

You need to kick the crack habit.

Are you saying a comic with a 3+" crease on the back lower lefthand side that starts about an inch in from the corner and runs up through the yellow muscle guy ad at a left leaning slant doesn't knock the grade down significantly? yeahok.gif

Please see my response on page 1 of the thread...always best to read through the thread, I find, before posting There is NO crease/bend/stress in that area of the book. Nothing. Nada. Zip. Zero. Bugger all.

It is simply a vague mark that actually looks a lot worse on the scan than in person.

Are you saying a comic with a 3+" crease on the back lower lefthand side that starts about an inch in from the corner and runs up through the yellow muscle guy ad at a left leaning slant doesn't knock the grade down significantly? yeahok.gif

It's a light dust shadow - not a crease. If you had read his description, you'd have seen that.

It's a light dust shadow - not a crease. If you had read his description, you'd have seen that.

screwy.gif I am not talking about the horizontal dust shadow. I am talking about the vertical crease that someone might of tried to press out that starts about an inch in from the left on the bottom edge of the back cover and runs upward towards the left through the yellow ad. Try to keep up. If you would have read my posts you would know I wasn't talking about the dust shadows.

screwy.gif I am not talking about the horizontal dust shadow. I am talking about the vertical crease that someone might of tried to press out that starts about an inch in from the left on the bottom edge of the back cover and runs upward towards the left through the yellow ad. Try to keep up. If you would have read my posts you would know I wasn't talking about the dust shadows.

You clearly missed his response to divadrabnud's question about the "crease" you're talking about:

No, no crease. Not even the suggestion of a crease. Not even a vague stress. Clean. Clear. Luverly!

What was that now about "trying to keep up"? makepoint.gif

Please see my response on page 1 of the thread...always best to read through the thread, I find, before posting There is NO crease/bend/stress in that area of the book. Nothing. Nada. Zip. Zero. Bugger all.

It is simply a vague mark that actually looks a lot worse on the scan than in person.

Here's a thought. Don't ask for opinions if you don't really want them. makepoint.gif I read throught the thread and I looked at the scan. To me it looks like a crease/fold that might have been pressed out. The dirt line is very obvious and sticks out. If you think it is nothing go ahead and send it into CGC and see what they say.

Here's a thought. Don't ask for opinions if you don't really want them. makepoint.gif I read throught the thread and I looked at the scan. To me it looks like a crease/fold that might have been pressed out. The dirt line is very obvious and sticks out. If you think it is nothing go ahead and send it into CGC and see what they say.

I was the one who said you need to kick the crack habit -- not Flaming Telepath.

And if the crease/fold had been pressed out, then it's not there anymore and wouldn't drop the book down to 7.0.

You clearly missed his response to divadrabnud's question about the "crease" you're talking about:

No, no crease. Not even the suggestion of a crease. Not even a vague stress. Clean. Clear. Luverly!

What was that now about "trying to keep up"? makepoint.gif

Hey, if you don't see that 3" dirt line on the back cover that suggest a crease/fold that was pressed out I can't help you. It is what it is. If you or FT want to say it is nothing, go right ahead. Send it to CGC and let it be graded. If it is nothing then I am sure it will get an 8.5-9.0. Why do you feel the need to bash me for giving an opinion? Did you have something to do with pressing out that fold and therefore feel responsible? confused-smiley-013.gif

I was the one who said you need to kick the crack habit -- not Flaming Telepath.

And if the crease/fold had been pressed out, then it's not there anymore and wouldn't drop the book down to 7.0.

Which is why my response was given to FT and not you. You just responded to a post that wasn't for you. Good work Einstein! thumbsup2.gif