• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Skybolt's Sensations

88 posts in this topic

I had the Sensation Edgar Church/Mile High run for about 15 years. I had #2-33 plus many other MH's, 66 MH issues total in that run. My favorite covers were #3, 8, 13, 15-22, 25, 26, 40, 51, 71-74... hell they are were all great!

West

That's a fantastic run. Do you regret selling those books?

I regret everything! 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

West juggle.gif

Here's #4:

sensation4.jpg

Nice copy- How long have you had that book?

Also, how many of the Sensation books have Wonder Woman as a portrait/headshot like yours above. Has to be more than 3 I would think without looking.

I also agree about seeing Issue 1 more than any other of the single digit books.

Here's #4:

Also, how many of the Sensation books have Wonder Woman as a portrait/headshot like yours above. Has to be more than 3 I would think without looking.

I also agree about seeing Issue 1 more than any other of the single digit books.

True, but I just LOVE Sensation #1. Such a cool book. I need to get one, haven't had a copy in a long time.

Here's #4:

sensation4.jpg

A good while. I got it at a small Boston comic convention in the late '90's from Vincent's Collectibles. Vincent sure would come down on price if you asked him, and his grading was nice and tight. I'd say that experience really helped launch me into GA collecting. I got this one from him too on that same day:

flashcomics3.jpg

That's a real looker for a mid-grade, Buckoo (here's hoping it doesn't have a major mouse chew out of the back cover!).

STEVE

Are you still talking about that?

Yup - sell me a Larson and make me feel better! poke2.gif

(meanwhile, I'll console myself with this...)

100_1273.jpg

STEVE

All of Steve's books seem clean, bright, glossy and fresh, but we established a while back that it's actually his magic camera which creates that effect. In real life his books are brittle.

If I send him my books think he'll take my pictures?

Here's #4:

A good while. I got it at a small Boston comic convention in the late '90's from Vincent's Collectibles. Vincent sure would come down on price if you asked him, and his grading was nice and tight. I'd say that experience really helped launch me into GA collecting. I got this one from him too on that same day:

flashcomics3.jpg

takeit.gif

One of these days, this little sign is going to work....

Are your Sensations from the same collection.

No - actually they are separate pickups here and there.

They all seem very clean, bright, glossy and fresh. Very nice.

Thanks Buck (they're unrestored with white pages, too) - glad you enjoyed the scans.

As far as my so-called 'magic camera', just log on to the Ronco website and anyone can get one for themselves. The camera does dramatically improve the look of the subject, but its 'magic' is not restricted just to comics....I took a picture yesterday of Kirstie Alley in a bikini and the resulting photo made her look as skinny as Gwyenth Paltrow.

STEVE