• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FS: Rocketeer & Thor (SDCC variant) Artist's Editions 1st Prints (closed)

3 posts in this topic

Begrudgingly for sale :( :

Rocketeer_ArtistsEdition_Cover_zpsx02d6xjc.jpg

thor%20-%20artists%20edition%20variant%20cover_zpsrz8j80os.jpg

Dave Stevens' "The Rocketeer" Artist's Edition - 1st printing IDW release, never opened, still sealed in original cellophane. Outer box is in excellent condition with no signs of structural damage and just some light fading near the corners. Click on thumbs below to see the actual item for sale ebay

th_RocketeerAE-1_zpsznw8kpy6.jpg th_RocketeerAE-2_zpsy9ugbia1.jpg

Walt Simonson's "Thor" Artist's Edition SDCC Exclusive variant - 1st printing IDW release, never opened, outer box tape-sealed. This version was limited to only 300 copies and only available through IDW at SDCC. Again, outer box is in excellent condition, no structural damage, light fading near the corners (not to the label). Click the thumbs below for pics of the actual item SOLD

th_ThorAE-1_zpsvdkfgf3k.jpg th_ThorAE-2_zpswboeeh59.jpg

I purchased both books new and directly from IDW. Both are first prints and, although they've reissued each volume, the covers differ noticeably from these original prints. I used to collect OA and am a sucker for high-end books, so I had designs on collecting this series. Obviously, I petered out quickly as these are the only two I ever bought (these were the first two editions IDW produced). I put them on top of my bookshelves in my library and they've been there since then. The light fading is just some incidental exposure from them being stacked for 5 years in a room with a window. It's superficial and it's the outer box, so the actual books inside should still be new and NM-M. I'd hoped to hang on to them and add a few more volumes to round it out, but I've never touched them in 5 years and my Bronze Batman collection demands a sacrifice if it is to grow.

I don't have a kudos thread, but I've been buying and selling on the boards for a few years. I have been on eBay since 1998 as "qburt" and my feedback is 1500+.

The rules? Pretty simple:

• No Hall of Shame, No Probation List.
  • Shipping on each book is $15 in the US via USPS paid by the buyer. I can also do Media Mail for $5. If you're in Canada, I can also ship UPS Ground to Canada for an additional cost.
  • Books can be claimed in the thread or via PM but official take it in the thread may trump PM's or any negotiations (please pronounce this "nego-si-ations" -- that always makes me chuckle).
  • Payment via Paypal is preferred. Please, no take-aways -- if you claim it in the thread or in a PM, don't back out.