• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How long is too long to wait for a reply?

31 posts in this topic

I answered a WTB on Sept 10th and said I had one of the books he was looking for but it was at CGC and that I would give him 1st crack when I got it back

Fast forward to last week and I PMed him scans of the book since I finally had it in hand.

He has not read the PM yet and he has not made a post on the boards since September 15th - more than a month.

Is the book up for grabs now or should I wait a little bit longer and give him a chance to reply?

Thanks

I see so many WTB posts, and when people actually take the time to respond, crickets. It's quite sad really.

I supply many links to many WTB ads. I would say 98% have never bought the book, even though most of the time everything fits their criteria. (shrug)

I see so many WTB posts, and when people actually take the time to respond, crickets. It's quite sad really.

I supply many links to many WTB ads. I would say 98% have never bought the book, even though most of the time everything fits their criteria. (shrug)

Gotta say something...

You did me a complete solid once and I wound up winning the book. Although since that purchase, I have upgraded and that book is off at CGC to slabbed and offered for sale.

So your efforts have been appreciated.

I also have to say that numerous boardies have directed me in the past to GI Joe art and certain other things that they know I am interested in. I try to always thank the referral no matter what as they are taking the time to simply help someone and receive basically nothing but karma points out of it.

one month is fine to move on but send another PM stating you are doing so after not hearing back.

Even though it says they have not read the PM, that would not stop someone from getting an email letting them know they have a PM, including some of the text of that PM.

I sometimes just read the email and that short answer to something. Though if this is the case they are either not interested or slightly rude for not responding. Hard to say-- the guy could be dead or in a coma for all we know.

Gotta say something...

You did me a complete solid once and I wound up winning the book.

It's the 2% that keep me going (thumbs u

one month is fine to move on but send another PM stating you are doing so after not hearing back.

Even though it says they have not read the PM, that would not stop someone from getting an email letting them know they have a PM, including some of the text of that PM.

I sometimes just read the email and that short answer to something. Though if this is the case they are either not interested or slightly rude for not responding. Hard to say-- the guy could be dead or in a coma for all we know.

Thank you. I will drop him another PM!

Gotta say something...

You did me a complete solid once and I wound up winning the book. Although since that purchase, I have upgraded and that book is off at CGC to slabbed and offered for sale.

I also have to say that numerous boardies have directed me in the past to GI Joe art and certain other things that they know I am interested in. I try to always thank the referral no matter what as they are taking the time to simply help someone and receive basically nothing but karma points out of it.

Hey Buzz - Buzz off my thread!!

Do you think you are what's his name who will never, ever go away?? :baiting:

Perhaps this will set precedent for people to give alternate contact information

I know when I've asked for dibs I've always stated that if I cannot make commitment there is never any hard feelings if I miss out, but I always give out alternate contact information in case I am unable to be contacted here.

Which happens more often than not.... lol Funny, but sad at the same time

Gotta say something...

Hey Buzz - Buzz off my thread!!

Do you think you are what's his name who will never, ever go away?? :baiting:

UgwT4hN.gif

I should have known better than to casually mention a focused collecting interest of mine in this thread. Please don't threaten to notify moderation about it and have me suspended. Please oh please oh please oh please oh....

Please

Gotta say something...

You did me a complete solid once and I wound up winning the book.

It's the 2% that keep me going (thumbs u

Peter is awesome at sending links to board members looking for books. Back in April he sent me a link to the coverless AC1 that was also missing the first wrap. Unfortunately, my bid (which was well over $30K) did not get me the win. Still, I want to thank, Peter, for always looking out for books that other board members are looking for. He gets nothing in return and yet he takes the time to reach out, whenever he finds what someone is looking for.

I, for one, am very thankful Peter is a member of the board. It is members like this that make this place wonderful.

(thumbs u

I should have known better than to casually mention a focused collecting interest of mine in this thread. Please don't threaten to notify moderation about it and have me suspended. Please oh please oh please oh please oh....

Please

Wear would I report you?

I think I will contact you no hoo to help me figure it out.

It's tough when I'm off my drogues.