• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Vancouver Comic Show - October 23

34 posts in this topic

I will be there with my normal wall table on the right hand side of the hall from the front door. Looking forward to some stable retail sales, as Feb, 2017 Van Comic Show increasing about 45% in size to 140 x 8' tables so much more competition for a crowd that may, if we are lucky, increase another 10%. :wishluck:

I will be there at end of right side where aardvark88 is on other end. Like bookends. Hopefully with my new upgraded wall rack (still a process in wirk).

Looking for a good day of sales. We have brought some new books. :wishluck:

Saw new flyer for HH Con with 6' centre tables at $55 each. Surprised HH con was not postponed as it is sandwiched btwn so many other cons:

Oct. 16/16 Last week's 3 day Van Art Book Festival at Van Art Gallery.

Oct. 22/16 BLI con

Oct. 23/16 Van Comic Show **

Nov. 5/16 Scottish Cult. Ctr show

Nov. 6/16 HH con

Nov 11/16 long weekend big Van Fan Expo.

What is BLI con?

Did not go to last HH con before due to my grand aunt's accident at the last minute. I had to drop out to tend the care of her dog while my aunt was in hospital.

Not going this HH con in Nov. Too much things to do.

BLI = Bellingham con this Sat. where Van Comic Show flyers will be distributed to promote the Oct. 23/16 :applause: con and their website.

Did not go to the 3 day Van Art Book Festival this time. LW is usually selling and promoting there :wishluck: in downtown Vancouver.

Just saw a poster for Van Comic Show (VCS) posted up in a Burnaby Public Library across from the front door. Good promotion to let graphic novel readers know about the VCS.

Will try to bring a mix of comic collectibles for your perusal:

0XCyMcv.jpg

Just saw a poster for Van Comic Show (VCS) posted up in a Burnaby Public Library across from the front door. Good promotion to let graphic novel readers know about the VCS.

Will try to bring a mix of comic collectibles for your perusal:

0XCyMcv.jpg

:popcorn:

What is the Scottish Centre show on November 5?

A mixed Pop Culture Show in south Vancouver that has some back issue comics, mags, Star Wars, used dvd's, toys, LP's, music cd's, movie posters. Also promotes female Wrestlers from Japan so you get a bit of :ohnoez: everything. :luhv:

For any collectors driving north from Seattle or Bellingham, WA, a reminder that <3 the Van Comic Show will be expanding to 140 big tables for their Feb, 2017 comicon.

Just find out that there will be at least 1 new vendor (as another had cancelled) with 2 tables that will be mainly selling $5 overstocked graphic novels and $1 blow out comics to compete against the awesome $1-2 overstocked long boxes <3 of Flatliner.

hm, the overstock dollar battle between Flatliner and new vendor? Naturally I know Flatliner has good selection in long boxes. Be fun to see what's out there today. <3

I am going to load up the van soon. Let the craziness work begin!

The Walking Dead better grab great deals off vendors' limbs! Before Negan will wrack his bat on your head ...

Tonight the season to be watched! (:

The show is packed all day. Craziness is the word. Did good in sales, and my pocket is feeling good with funds. I had sold a few keys and made decent $ from them <3 Many $1 and $2 books but did not empty the boxes, oh well. Had made good in sold semi and little keys out the boxes.

The kids love the free comics in one box, some took one or two with them. Halloween treats for them.

Sold:

Doctor Strange 169

Hawkman 4

Superman 233

ToA 40

Many SA and BA 'Tec and Batman books sold.

I get a few requests in finding some books. Wrote on paper list, so I am off to hunt down to buy ... to keep me busy thru winter season. The oddest request is to find 'Mazing Man series. I have not read that for a long time since! lol

I am done with being a vendor this year. Winter season break begins. Last Fan Expo in Nov to go have fun as a fan. Next show will be in February 26th, Bigger and :wishluck: better show.

Just find out that there will be at least 1 new vendor (as another had cancelled) with 2 tables that will be mainly selling $5 overstocked graphic novels and $1 blow out comics to compete against the awesome $1-2 overstocked long boxes <3 of Flatliner.

Curious to ask what other vendors think of this guy with 40+ long boxes? I did a quick browse thru the boxes. Nothing good, all Dreks with few little gems. I did found some good books for reading only and had him price out.

Upon learned of the price, and talked with my buddy. Decided not to take up. Left the books there. :P

Sorry Fan boy, you went to the wrong 2 tables. I recommended you visit Tanya from Central Surrey Comix near middle of the hall who had about 20 long boxes of decent, recent $1 overstock including Spideys, some Harleyquins, few Deadpool, DCs, Disneys, :applause: etc. I pulled about 22 comics from those boxes including recent thick Thunder Agents, some newer DC 100 pagers and ASM.

Crowd was strong. Overall, I would say the collector/fans were holding back funds for the huge Vancouver Fan Expo Nov. 11/16 weekend. Some vendors were complaining that parking alone next to Pan Pacific is over $100 for the Fan Expo days. :tonofbricks:

Curious to ask what other vendors think of this guy with 40+ long boxes? I did a quick browse thru the boxes. Nothing good, all Dreks with few little gems. I did found some good books for reading only and had him price out.

Upon learned of the price, and talked with my buddy. Decided not to take up. Left the books there. :P

Overheard one of the other dealers say that he was told that the entire lot could be his for the meager sum of only $20K. :screwy:

Most definitely unwanted drek from the past 2 decades as every single book I asked about, the seller said was not in the boxes and was available back in their store in Langley.

Sounds like Wiser's Collectibles in Fort Langley. This was the left over Terry Sillman Talkin' Illustrations bin stock that was auctioned off en masse, and has been picked over several times by the likes of aardvark88, Flatliner and our ilk. How much per skid of long boxes? doh!

Wiser's is in regular langley, by the Golden Ears bridge.

He used to have a store called Chris' collectables in fort langley on glover road, but that was back in the late 80s, early 90s. It's a mix of stuff from that store, and TI.