• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tape on cover - highest grade possible?

3 posts in this topic

This Vampire Tales magazine has a little bit of tape at the top and bottom of the spine.

I'm going to be listing it for sale and am trying to figure out a grade to assign it but am finding it tough to do because I am unsure how much the tape will affect the grade.

Any help would be appreciated.

2hdv602.jpg

t4xzcg.jpg

Currently CGC ignores non-archival tape if it fixes a tear, detached cover, reattaches a piece of cover, etc. If the tape is determined to not serve a function it will be treated as a defect. You'll still get a blue(Universal) label.

Is the tape on your book repairing splits or tears? See if the linked thread is any help.

CGC Modifies Stance On Grading Submissions With Tape

Currently CGC ignores non-archival tape if it fixes a tear, detached cover, reattaches a piece of cover, etc. If the tape is determined to not serve a function it will be treated as a defect. You'll still get a blue(Universal) label.

Is the tape on your book repairing splits or tears? See if the linked thread is any help.

CGC Modifies Stance On Grading Submissions With Tape

There are small spine splits so I figure a previous owner added the tape to repair them.