• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What would you pay for this dealer overstock?

142 posts in this topic

Last collection I bought was 285+ boxes at less than half what your guy wants for his approx 7 long boxes.

Walk away from that deal Chip...there are better deals to be had.

And yes... there is one full long box of X-Force # 1 in there... which now sell nicely at $1 each

----------

There is a bit of a difference between modern drek and selling nicely bagged, boarded and organized BA, and decent CA like X-Men and Spidey, which sell well when priced right. with that said, you can't tell from here whether there are more than 5 or 10 legit $10+ books in there or more than 20 legit $5 books (maybe all those byrne x-men have giant water stains??), so all you can assume is that the rest are a decent mix of $1-$2 box show books. which kind of makes donut's initial reaction right on the money or even generous.. A closer inspection might justify jacking it up a few hundred. Frankly, the more I think about it, when evaluating something like this the future $1 box books should probably not even have any value in the equation. You look at a group like this and need to figure out how much of it fits into that category and immediately oinly look at the value of the rest.

----

About 10-11 years ago metropolis listed here a bit over 6,000 BA and late BA books for $600. So they had pulled the biggies like ASM 300 out of there, of course, but what were then $1-10 books, they just didn't mess around with that stuff then (and might not now) and presumably were just clearing it out to make space. There were probably 15 copies of Omega Men 3 in there, maybe even NM 98s, who knows. I was in a 1 bedroom apartment with a baby and the thought of trying to lug and store 25 or so long boxs was just too terrifying. Someone took it after a couple of hours, but it wasn't immediate. I kind of wish I had grabbed it as I wound up getting a storage room shortly afterward and then moved to a big house. i guess i'll never know what future treasures were in there!

or it could have been a lot of junk that is still junk.

I pretty much agree with the other posters that $4000 is too much. I'd think that a dollar a book is appropriate- I'd think that there's about 1500 comics or so (figuring 225 in an equivalent long box- maybe less). Usually the surprises are nasty surprises like missing pages, coupons, etc. Also the load of commons will significantly reduced the average value per comic- I'd think it's between $4 and $5.

One thing I'd ask for is to spread out some comics for a photo- I'd wonder what's in the box before Spiderman 32- there's about 15 comics there- are there more early Spidey's? In a similar vein, I'd explore what's before the early X Men that's shown. If it was me, I might bump up the price if these were early beaters- mabye $2K.