• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone going to Stan Lee LA Comic Con?

22 posts in this topic

Ill getting to LA friday night and will be there until Sunday evening. So, Ill be at the convention all weekend. Ill be getting a ton of books signed over the weekend.

Is anyone else here going?

If anyone wants to possibly meet up, let me know or PM me.

Im getting there late Friday so Ill just be there open to close Saturday and then most if not all day Sunday. I have the VIP pass and Rob Liefeld experience. I wish they would post the signing details for the VIP pass.

Anastasia collectibles will be handling stan and Rob. I think there are a couple facilitators from the boards going but I don't think cgc will have a booth. Not sure why.

Does Anastasia Collectibles have a booth? I didn't see them in the program. Thanks!

Anastasia collectibles will be handling stan and Rob. I think there are a couple facilitators from the boards going but I don't think cgc will have a booth. Not sure why.

Does Anastasia Collectibles have a booth? I didn't see them in the program. Thanks!

I don't know if they have a booth, but they are handling the Stan Lee signings. You can talk to them over there probably.

If you're not from or familiar with the Los Angeles downtown area, please don't fall victim to the opportunistic parking lot rapists who will flag you down and try to route you to park your car into their lots where they charge $50 per day to park. That's insane! They price tag is even blatantly posted as well. I think this overcharging for parking started this year with the NFL bringing the Rams to LA and then the news stories of people willing to pay $50-100 to park, so these parking lot vandals now feel they can charge $50 and test the waters. Unfortunately, I saw the parking lots were full.

Here's a few tips

1) Park somewhere else. Even the convention center parking lot is way cheaper, yet I do acknowledge that fills up fast. So, find another lot, the going rate used to be $8-12 per day, sometimes you can find one for $5, othertimes for convenience you may be willing to pay $20 to avoid walking too far.

2) Park a bit further out, and take an UBER or LYFT to the convention, that'll save you. Or straight out just take the Uber or Lyft from your home or hotel.

3) Take the Metro MTA, it's $1.75 each way, no need to deal with traffic or parking.

2) Park a bit further out, and take an UBER or LYFT to the convention, that'll save you. Or straight out just take the Uber or Lyft from your home or hotel.

Interesting. Curious, does LA Comic Con not provide a bus service going along a route from partner hotels to the LA Convention Center? I remember Anime Expo has them every year going around every 15-30 minutes or so.

Interesting. Curious, does LA Comic Con not provide a bus service going along a route from partner hotels to the LA Convention Center? I remember Anime Expo has them every year going around every 15-30 minutes or so.

I haven't seen a bus system. Its right next to Staples center, so the partner hotels are not a far walk. Im staying at Courtyard marriot and its about a 10-15 minute walk.

I haven't seen a bus system. Its right next to Staples center, so the partner hotels are not a far walk. Im staying at Courtyard marriot and its about a 10-15 minute walk.

Marriott (Courtyard, Residence Inn, JW Marriott and Ritz-Carlton) is one of the closer ones although I think Luxe is the absolute closest. They have some partner hotels that are a few miles away.

Last time I went to Anime Expo, I stayed at Residence Inn (same building as Courtyard although different wing) so it's walking distance. For Comikaze, we just drove (well, got dropped off) so I didn't take any note of other transpo options.