• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

In Honor of ACG

59 posts in this topic

And are the creatures related? smile.gif

No. Clearly the top is the Transylvanian variety

while the bottom Vampires are the West Nile variation! poke2.gif

Oh that's right. I should have seen the Feb-March on the cover which obviously have to be Transylvanian as the later book is May and we all know that they hibernate in May. stooges.gif

Oh that's right. I should have seen the Feb-March on the cover which obviously have to be Transylvanian as the later book is May and we all know that they hibernate in May. stooges.gif

Actually the key to identify the species is that the Transylvanian cannot physically fly at high altitude. That should have clued you in that the ones on the May covers must be of the West Nile sub-species. makepoint.gif

Actually the key to identify the species is that the Transylvanian cannot physically fly at high altitude. That should have clued you in that the ones on the May covers must be of the West Nile sub-species. makepoint.gif

Indubitably! 893applaud-thumb.gif

The first, and IMHO, the best...

100_0937-1.jpg

STEVE Got Larson?

893whatthe.gif That is smoking beautiful!!!

Since your on a numerical role....
No offense to the first two issues but that number three is my favorite. I want it. tonofbricks.gif

Really? I like #1 best, followed by #2. #3's ok but seems too over-the-top comparatively. Of course, I'm not into GA horror because I think it's almost all too over-the-top, so I'm probably the wrong guy to ask. Most of the GA horror covers viewed as iconic don't do it for me.

I recently purchased a near-complete ACG collection.

Many of the issues are posted for sale at:

http://www.blbcomics.com/comics/blbnew.php

I can post some of the covers here if people want to see them. I love the ACG line, having first discovered them circa 1963 and enjoy reading most all ACGs

Here are several examples:

AdventuresUnknown005.jpg

ClutchingHand0-001.jpg

DizzyDames001.jpg

ForbiddenWorlds0086.jpg