• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM: Avengers 57 (Also Trimmed? or not?)

9 posts in this topic

Maybe I'm been overly sensitive? But does the top and side look trimmed? I've been right and wrong about trimmed books in the past but wanted to get others opinion on this as this is one of the hardest restoration things to spot. I also checked out some of the Avengers 57 inventory at mycomicshop and the ones i thought were trimmed were blue label, so what do I know :P Thanks everyone!

w8uwjb.jpg

mtsc46.jpg

6.0 and it is not trimmed

What makes you say 6.0? I was thinking 8.0+ ! What am I not seeing? I don't think that is a full crease on the top right, is it? Thought it might be a scratch or printing defect.

p.s. these scans do't have great detail 2c

What makes you say 6.0? I was thinking 8.0+ ! What am I not seeing? I don't think that is a full crease on the top right, is it? Thought it might be a scratch or printing defect.

I am seeing a significant crease at the bottom right cover ( there is more than 1 ), that I also see on the bottom back cover. If it goes through the entire book then my grade is less, I am assuming it doesn't.

I am also making the assumption the crease you mention at the top is a crease and not a scratch.

I am seeing a significant crease at the bottom right cover ( there is more than 1 ), that I also see on the bottom back cover. If it goes through the entire book then my grade is less, I am assuming it doesn't.

I am also making the assumption the crease you mention at the top is a crease and not a scratch.

Even with what you mention I'm in TheAvenger80's camp... I don't think the book would go any lower than a 7.5 as it sits.

Even with what you mention I'm in TheAvenger80's camp... I don't think the book would go any lower than a 7.5 as it sits.

I would like to see a scan to grade properly.