• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

High grade CGC posted on my website - take a look!

10 posts in this topic

Hi

I have been posting some really nice books on my website this week.

All are professionally graded and range from 9.2 to 9.8

DC SIlver age includes:

Sensation Comics #46 PGX NM+ 9.6!

Green Lantern #40 CGC NM 9.4 - Western Penn pedigree

Detective Comics #320 CGC NM 9.4

Detective Comics #403 CGC NM/M 9.8!

Marvel

Tales To Astonish #34 PGX 9.6 - A stunning copy!

Steve Ditko's Outer Space #21 CGC 9.4 from 1959

Some Fantastic Dells too!

Including Dr. Kildare #9 Classic Cover in CGC NM/M 9.8!

Also:

A nice group of tremendous high grade Harvey comics!

Hot Stuff #58 CGC NM/M 9.8!!!

Wendy #51 CGC NM/M 9.8!!!

Plus more!

PGC Mint - Huge assortment of CGC graded NM books

And the Tales to Astonish #34 is a PENCE COPY.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BURN IT!!!!!!

Can't afford to waste a match. 893whatthe.gif

Actually two strikes against it, British copy and PGX.

And the Tales to Astonish #34 is a PENCE COPY.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BURN IT!!!!!!

Can't afford to waste a match. 893whatthe.gif

Actually two strikes against it, British copy and PGX.

A pence copy of that book in that grade would be super - scarce. Almost unheard of, really. Nobody really looked after their books in the U.K. in the sixties and seventies - I don't recall ever hearing of a super HG OO collection of pence copies.

And the Tales to Astonish #34 is a PENCE COPY. frown.gif

You don't mention that at all in your description (but the label says it).

Well the scans show it clearly and I did price it accordingly. In a CGC holder it would be priced about 15% higher. I will correct it on the text description but I thought the scans showed it quite well.

As forr the "stigma" of a Pence copy, I never really considered them to be worth much less. I have been at this since 1966 and many times had pence copies in my collection. They are identical and were printed at the same time and never considered them a defect in my collection.

I can say they are diffficult to find in nice shape and this one is just a freak of nature. I had a prehero Marvel graded at CGC 9.6 that I sold a few months ago and this one is clearly a higher grade. Now I really like CGC graded books but when I saw this I just had to get it. I think prehero Marvels are seriously undervalued and are very rare in grades above true VF and this book is spectacular. The grade is extremely strict and nicer than almost all later Silver age CGC 9.6 books that I have seen and as nice as most 9.8 Bronze books that I have purchaced.

I could send it in to CGC and may just do that but there is really no need. Once you see and hold it it will win over even the most fussy grader in the business. I look for top quality and this is the best I have ever seen.

Take care

Mark