• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

By Crom, I love Conan!

62 posts in this topic

the epitome of cool when I was a kid, couldn't get enough of Howard's masterpiece character. Roy Thomas and Co. really hit the adaptations out of the ballpark, especially the Savage Sword issues. :)

JcjX9d.jpg

9jxFWB.jpg

Jn4rZp.jpg

ZueLT6.jpg

Era8Dc.jpg

wKWF9c.jpg

This is one of the rarest of Conan related items. Fantasy Fan #7 from 1934. A scarce fanzine with the first publication of "Frost Giant's Daughter" under the name "Gods of the North." The Conan story was rejected by Farnsworth Wright, the editor of Weird Tales and so REH sent it to the teenager publishing this fanzine, with Conan's name changed to "Amra." There are only a handful still in existence.

FantasyFan007.jpg

FantasyFanGotN.jpg

Whoa.

The Busiek / Truman / Nord / Giorello runs contain some excellent REH adaptations.

+1 Dark Horse has done good work with Conan.

Absolutely. And I really think Tim and Tomas's King Conan run in particular is some of the best Conan comic work in decades -- maybe since Roy and BWS's Red Nails.

Young men and boys reading Conan comics and magazines in the 70s were provided a whole lot of unrealistic hopes and expectations in terms of womens' bodies.

I think if you actually looked like Conan those expectations were a lot more likely to come to fruition.

Young men and boys reading Conan comics and magazines in the 70s were provided a whole lot of unrealistic hopes and expectations in terms of womens' bodies.

I think if you actually looked like Conan those expectations were a lot more likely to come to fruition.

And how many women back then read Conan and had the unrealistic hopes and expectations in terms of men's bodies :baiting: