• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dallas Comic Show - Irving, TX - February 11-12, 2017
1 1

54 posts in this topic

Any prices or info on Hughes sketches yet?

This was on Facebook today: DALLAS COMIC SHOW UPDATE

Hi all; we're about one month out from the Dallas Comic Show on February 11th & 12th, Adam's first comic con appearance of 2017. I've been getting quite a few messages asking about Adam's plan for commissions during this show. I'll be posting about 2 weeks out from the event IF Adam will be able to take commission requests, and if he can, when we will be taking the list. If he does take requests, we'll be doing it here, through Facebook, just like we have for past shows. So mark your calendars, I'll have more new for you on January 29th!

See you all in Dallas!

Allison

Just a quick note, anyone who purchases an advance ticket before midnight tomorrow night (January 16th) is entered to win a large signed Marvel lithograph featuring Spider-Man and the Fantastic Four, autographed by John Romita Jr. (full signature too!) and Stan Lee!

JRJR-signedPrint.jpg

You can purchase advance tickets RIGHT HERE.

Edited by Mark Walters

Another update, we've added DC Young Animal's DOOM PATROL artist Nick Derington to the guest list! Nick doesn't do many shows, so this is a rare opportunity to meet one of the most awesome artists working in the industry today, and on one of the hottest books out there. Everyone got their tickets yet? Info on Nick here.

nickderington-bigpic.jpg

Thanks man, we're really hoping the fans show up to support it. People are always asking for more comic book guests, more affordable admission, and a more intimate setting... we're giving them all three. Now they just need to help it be successful.

Congratulations to Gloria M. on winning the Marvel litho autographed by John Romita Jr. & Stan Lee! If you didn't win, not to worry, we've got a few more contests happening between now and the show.

Next up, we gave one of these away in advance of the last event, and we have one more, so starting now anyone who has purchased an advance ticket thru Midnight January 23rd will be entered to win a copy of BATMAN: EUROPA #1 signed by Jim Lee! If you've already bought your tickets, you're already entered. If you buy multiples, every ticket counts as an entry. Tickets on sale RIGHT HERE.

batman-signedJimLee-e1484826059300.jpg

Thanks man, we're really hoping the fans show up to support it. People are always asking for more comic book guests, more affordable admission, and a more intimate setting... we're giving them all three. Now they just need to help it be successful.

I've always enjoyed these shows at the Irving Convention Center. It isn't too bad to get to, the venue generally works well, and from a dealer perspective the load-in and load-out are generally very smooth. Your guest lists are always solid, and you've gotten some great creators I loved to get to meet (like Kelley Jones, bring him back at some point!). I've been attending your shows since 2010 and have always had a great time, both as an attendee and when helping out one of the dealers.

A few more additions to the line up. First we welcome Tim Doyle of Nakatomi Inc, formerly of Mondo. More Info Here.

timdoyle-featured.jpg

And we also welcome Brent Peeples, artist of CAPTAIN KID, LEGENDERRY: GREEN HORNET, and ARCHIE COMICS. His most recent work is the Batman story in the New York Times Best-Seller LOVE IS LOVE. More Info Here.

brentpeeples-featured.jpg

If you're a DC Comics fans, you definitely don't want to miss this show. We've got LOTS of DC talent, plus THE FLASH's John Wesley Shipp and SUPERGIRL's Helen Slater. See the full lineup HERE.

dc-dallascomicshow-socialB.jpg

This is pretty fun, we've worked directly with DC Comics to do an exclusive VIP print for Dallas Comic Show this February 11-12. Check out this awesome DOOM PATROL print featuring artwork by attending guest Nick Derington! Everyone who buys a VIP ticket to the show will receive one of these for FREE. Only 200 will be made, and you can have Nick sign it at the show. Did we also mention we have the cheapest VIP ticket in town? Just $60! We expect they'll sell out, so get yours today RIGHT HERE.

DC-print-WEB.jpg

A few more fun adds. We welcome Mathew Reynolds, who provided art on the rather awesome Image Comics title THE MERCENARY SEA. If you've never seen it, track it down, it's rather impressive. Mathew is currently working on a new project called VIC FALCON with writer Larry Hama. This is a guy to watch, trust me. More info on Reynolds RIGHT HERE.

mathewreynolds-featured.jpg

And we've also added movie poster screenprint artist Alexander Iaccarino. He's done work for Playstation and Marvel, and has some pretty incredible prints that he's bringing to the show. It's fun to bring some of the Austin screenprint artist flare to Dallas with both Iaccarino and Tim Doyle attending. More info on Alexander RIGHT HERE.

alexanderi-featured.jpg

Everyone excited for this show? We're just a week away now...

Edited by Mark Walters

Thanks man, we're loving the list, really hope folks show up to support it.

As for ticketing early pick up, you know, in the past when we've done that, not a lot show up to grab them. I think we'll just do ticket pick up day of. We've got a pretty streamlined process for it, so it should go fast. However, If we decide to do an early pick up I'll definitely let you know.